[ANN] North Bay Ruby Users Group Formed

Keith Fahlgren

I'm pleased to announce a new Ruby Users Group for folks north of
San Francisco (or who like to go to Sebastopol, CA): the [1]North
Bay Ruby Users Group with a first meeting on February 15th, 2007
at 7:30pm. O'Reilly has graciously offered us their meeting space,
so we'll be holding the meetings at the office in [2]Sebastopol,
CA ([3]directions). The initial schedule for meetings is the third
Thursday of each month, but we can have a discussion about whether
other times work better at the first meeting. If you're interested
in learning more, please sign up for the [4]mailing list.

[Full disclosure: Both [5]Rob Orsini (the author of the recently
released [6]Rails Cookbook) and I are both employees of O'Reilly
Media, so I can't pretend that holding the meetings here was a
total accident.]

The agenda, as well as everything else, for the first meeting is
still in flux, but Rob and I are planning to do a presentation on
how O'Reilly uses Ruby internally, from small internal Rails sites
to Atom Publishing Protocol libraries to XML processing. We can
spend the rest of the time getting to know each other, eating
pizza, and planning upcoming meetings. If you'd like to make a
presentation at a future meeting or know someone who should,
please join the mailing list and make suggestions (even if you
can't make it every month).

Looking forward to seeing you there!

PS: Yeah, the [7]website is pretty crappy right now, we'll be
making it more useful in the coming days, adding a wiki and all
that. For now, just be happy it isn't [8]this.