[ANN] ograph 0.0.1 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Aaron Patterson, Jan 20, 2007.

  1. ograph version 0.0.1 has been released!

    http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/

    ObjectGraph will output Graphviz dot files of your objects in memory.
    It will ferret out your instance variables and enumerate over your
    enumerables to give you a graph of your object and its relationships.

    For sample output and more sample code see:

    * http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/tags/graphviz/
    * http://tenderlovemaking.com/2007/01/13/graphing-objects-in-memory-with-ruby/

    Changes:

    == 0.0.1 / 2007-01-14

    * Birthday!

    http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/

    --
    Aaron Patterson
    http://tenderlovemaking.com/
    Aaron Patterson, Jan 20, 2007

  2. Aaron Patterson

    Zev Blut Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 08:10:38 +0900, Aaron Patterson
    <> wrote:

    > ograph version 0.0.1 has been released!
    >
    > http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/
    >
    > ObjectGraph will output Graphviz dot files of your objects in memory.
    > It will ferret out your instance variables and enumerate over your
    > enumerables to give you a graph of your object and its relationships.

    This is really cool! I have a long time love hate relationship with
    graphviz. This is mostly due to how hard it can be to display large
    graphs. If you are interested I would recommend checking out prefuse:

    http://prefuse.org/

    as an additional output method. It does a better job when displaying
    large graphs.

    Cheers,
    Zev
    Zev Blut, Jan 22, 2007