[ANN] ograph 0.1.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Aaron Patterson, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. ograph version 0.1.0 has been released!

    http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/

    ObjectGraph will output Graphviz dot files of your objects in memory.
    It will
    ferret out your instance variables and enumerate over your enumerables
    give you a graph of your object and its relationships.

    For sample output and more sample code see:

    * http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/tags/graphviz/
    * http://tenderlovemaking.com/2007/01/13/graphing-objects-in-memory-with-ruby/

    Changes:

    == 0.1.0

    Tons of changes thanks to Eric Hodel!

    * ObjectGraph is now an instance so you can add more stuff to it
    * Key Value pairs in Hashes are now listed in the hash box
    * String values are displayed
    * ObjectGraph knows how to handle ActiveRecord objects
    * Labels are now ObjectID-ClassName
    * Empty arrays or hashes will say that they are empty
    * Much much more!

    http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/

    --
    Aaron Patterson
    http://tenderlovemaking.com/

    Aaron Patterson, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Aaron Patterson

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Feb 6, 2007, at 19:47, Aaron Patterson wrote:

    > ograph version 0.1.0 has been released!
    >
    > http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/
    >
    > ObjectGraph will output Graphviz dot files of your objects in memory.
    > It will
    > ferret out your instance variables and enumerate over your enumerables
    > give you a graph of your object and its relationships.
    >
    > For sample output and more sample code see:
    >
    > * http://flickr.com/photos/aaronp/tags/graphviz/
    > * http://tenderlovemaking.com/2007/01/13/graphing-objects-in-memory-
    > with-ruby/

    Also:

    http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=383229761&size=o

    Eric Hodel, Feb 8, 2007

  3. Oh, this is cool! I was really confused for a second because of
    ObjectGraph (the Ruby ORM solution: http://swik.net/Og).

    --Jeremy

    --
    http://www.jeremymcanally.com/