[ANN] OOTL (Object Oriented Template Library) release

christopher diggins

A major new release of the OOTL (Object Oriented Template Library) has been
made through SourceForge.net at http://www.sf.net/projects/ootl/ . This is a
big release (10 megs) mainly because it includes a customized version of the
Boost library and the OOTL documentation. The source code is all made
available in in both text and html formats. All of the source files of the
OOTL and Boost can be searched from the front page of the OOTL web site (
http://www.ootl.org ).

The library has only been tested on isual C++ 7.1.

The OOTL is a set of commercial-friendly open-source libraries in varying
stages of development. The OOTL includes the following sub-libraries:

* objects - a library for creating efficient single rooted class
hierarchies. http://www.ootl.org/ootl/objects/toc.htm

* primitives - a set of object-oriented primitive classes
http://www.ootl.org/ootl/primitives/toc.htm

* PwC - a prototype for an upcomming programming with contract library. This
will be a set of wrapper classes around STL containers which test
preconditions/postconditions and invariants. Currently only a wrapper for
vector is included. http://www.ootl.org/pwc/

* YARD - a recursive descent parsing library http://www.ootl.org/yard/

* char_set - a class representing sets of characters for text parsing, which
pays hommage to the Pascal set type http://www.ootl.org/char_set/toc.htm

* profiler - a library for profiling C++ code, which is planned for eventual
submission to Boost. http://www.ootl.org/profiler/

* filters - a library for treating functions like Unix filters, by
automatically redirecting cin and cout.
http://www.ootl.org/ootl/filters/toc.htm

christopher diggins

christopher diggins said:
A major new release of the OOTL (Object Oriented Template Library) has been
made through SourceForge.net at http://www.sf.net/projects/ootl/ . This is
a big release (10 megs) mainly because it includes a customized version of
the Boost library and the OOTL documentation. The source code is all made
available in in both text and html formats. All of the source files of the
OOTL and Boost can be searched from the front page of the OOTL web site (
http://www.ootl.org ).

I found a big problem with latest release, I am accidentally using microsoft
extensions. I will be fixing that ASAP.

christopher diggins

christopher diggins said:
I found a big problem with latest release, I am accidentally using
microsoft extensions. I will be fixing that ASAP.

The microsoft specific code has been fixed. The new release should be far
more standards conformant.

Also I have removed all of the documentation from the release, dropping it
to below 4 megs.