[ANN] Operation Lambda 1.0 alpha

Adam Gardner

Operation Lambda
================

Announcing Operation Lambda: a remake of the [classic game][1] by
[Bret Victor][2]. Make your way through a distressed spaceship, rescuing
hostages and deflecting lasers in 100 levels!

The remake implements the original (IIgs only) game entirely in Ruby, so
anyone can play! It also adds a level editor, swappable tile-sets, and
other
niceties.

[1]: http://worrydream.com/iigs/#operationlambda
[2]: http://worrydream.com/

Where do I get it?
------------------

Operation Lambda is hosted on in my [BitBucket repository][3]. It is
available
as a Windows [exe][4] and an OS X [app][5] as well!

[3]: http://bitbucket.org/philomory/operationlambda/
[4]:
http://bitbucket.org/philomory/operationlambda/downloads/OperationLambda-win32.zip
[5]:
http://bitbucket.org/philomory/operationlambda/downloads/OperationLambda-macosx.dmg

What do I need?
---------------

If you download the pre-packaged application, you don't need anything
other
than what's in the zip/dmg. If you're running it from source, you'll
need

* [Ruby](http://ruby-lang.org)
* [Gosu](http://libgosu.org/)
* [TexPlay](http://code.google.com/p/texplay)

Anything I should know?
-----------------------

Operation Lambda is alpha-quality software! That means it'll probably
crash
sometimes, or just not do what you'd expect. Please, by all means, let
me
know if you encounter any problems.

Some machines have exhibited very poor performance, while others do
fine. I
don't know why yet! But, I'm investigating.

You can see the README and the in-game help for full details.

Who's responsible for this?

The original Operation Lambda, and all it's graphics, sounds and level
data,
are copyright 1996, Bret Victor, and are used with permission. All the
code
and additional design in this remake are copyright 2009 Adam Gardner.
See
the included COPYRIGHT file for full details.

What are the terms?