[ANN] ParseTree 3.0.1 Released (the "I'm a tired dumbass" release)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, Oct 23, 2008.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    ParseTree version 3.0.1 has been released! (the "I'm a tired dumbass"
    release)

    * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
    * <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
    * <>

    ParseTree is a C extension (using RubyInline) that extracts the parse
    tree for an entire class or a specific method and returns it as a
    s-expression (aka sexp) using ruby's arrays, strings, symbols, and
    integers.

    As an example:

    def conditional1(arg1)
    if arg1 == 0 then
    return 1
    end
    return 0
    end

    becomes:

    [:defn,
    :conditional1,
    [:scope,
    [:block,
    [:args, :arg1],
    [:if,
    [:call, [:lvar, :arg1], :==, [:array, [:lit, 0]]],
    [:return, [:lit, 1]],
    nil],
    [:return, [:lit, 0]]]]]

    Changes:

    ### 3.0.1 / 2008-10-23

    * 1 bug fix

    * Fixed the dependency on sexp_processor (accidentally camelcased).
    thanks ez!

    Ryan Davis, Oct 23, 2008