[ANN] ParseTree 3.0.2 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Ryan Davis, Nov 4, 2008.

  1. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    ParseTree version 3.0.2 has been released!

    * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
    * <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
    * <>

    ParseTree is a C extension (using RubyInline) that extracts the parse
    tree for an entire class or a specific method and returns it as a
    s-expression (aka sexp) using ruby's arrays, strings, symbols, and
    integers.

    As an example:

    def conditional1(arg1)
    if arg1 == 0 then
    return 1
    end
    return 0
    end

    becomes:

    [:defn,
    :conditional1,
    [:scope,
    [:block,
    [:args, :arg1],
    [:if,
    [:call, [:lvar, :arg1], :==, [:array, [:lit, 0]]],
    [:return, [:lit, 1]],
    nil],
    [:return, [:lit, 0]]]]]

    Changes:

    ### 3.0.2 / 2008-11-04

    * 1 minor enhancement:

    * parse_tree_show now defaults to unified, added -U to UNunify
    output.

    * 4 bug fixes:

    * UnifiedRuby#rewrite_defn kinda sorta deals with cfunc now. Stupid
    rails.
    * Fixed ambiguities in splatted nodes in a bunch of contexts.
    * Fixed 1 arg form of parse_tree_for_proc
    * KNOWN ISSUE: 0 arg form (||) of parse_tree_for_proc segfaults.

    * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
    * <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
    * <>
    Ryan Davis, Nov 4, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Ryan Davis

    Roger Pack Guest

    Re: ParseTree 3.0.2 Released

    Ryan Davis wrote:
    > ParseTree version 3.0.2 has been released!


    Thanks for doing that.
    -=Roger
    --
    Posted via http://www.ruby-forum.com/.
    Roger Pack, Nov 5, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Ryan Davis

    Ed Howland Guest

    Hi,

    I just tried installing ParseTree from a gem and keep getting the message
    ERROR: could not find gem ruby_ParseTree locally or in a repository

    Is the gem missing? Other gems (ruby2ruby, ruby_parser) install fine.

    Thanks
    Ed

    On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Ryan Davis <> wrote:
    >
    > ParseTree version 3.0.2 has been released!
    >
    > * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
    > * <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
    > * <>
    >
    > ParseTree is a C extension (using RubyInline) that extracts the parse
    > tree for an entire class or a specific method and returns it as a
    > s-expression (aka sexp) using ruby's arrays, strings, symbols, and
    > integers.
    >
    > As an example:
    >
    > def conditional1(arg1)
    > if arg1 == 0 then
    > return 1
    > end
    > return 0
    > end
    >
    > becomes:
    >
    > [:defn,
    > :conditional1,
    > [:scope,
    > [:block,
    > [:args, :arg1],
    > [:if,
    > [:call, [:lvar, :arg1], :==, [:array, [:lit, 0]]],
    > [:return, [:lit, 1]],
    > nil],
    > [:return, [:lit, 0]]]]]
    >
    > Changes:
    >
    > ### 3.0.2 / 2008-11-04
    >
    > * 1 minor enhancement:
    >
    > * parse_tree_show now defaults to unified, added -U to UNunify output.
    >
    > * 4 bug fixes:
    >
    > * UnifiedRuby#rewrite_defn kinda sorta deals with cfunc now. Stupid rails.
    > * Fixed ambiguities in splatted nodes in a bunch of contexts.
    > * Fixed 1 arg form of parse_tree_for_proc
    > * KNOWN ISSUE: 0 arg form (||) of parse_tree_for_proc segfaults.
    >
    > * <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
    > * <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
    > * <>
    >
    >
    >




    --
    Ed Howland
    http://greenprogrammer.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/ed_howland
    Ed Howland, Dec 10, 2008
    #3
  4. Ryan Davis

    Ryan Davis Guest

    On Dec 10, 2008, at 04:06 , Ed Howland wrote:

    > I just tried installing ParseTree from a gem and keep getting the
    > message
    > ERROR: could not find gem ruby_ParseTree locally or in a repository
    >
    > Is the gem missing? Other gems (ruby2ruby, ruby_parser) install fine.


    > 500 % sudo gem install ParseTree
    > Successfully installed ParseTree-3.0.2
    > 1 gem installed
    > Installing ri documentation for ParseTree-3.0.2...
    > Installing RDoc documentation for ParseTree-3.0.2...


    seems fine on my end... the name it is reporting is suspect.
    Ryan Davis, Dec 10, 2008
    #4
  5. Ryan Davis

    Ed Howland Guest

    Yup seems fine now too.

    Thanks
    Ed

    On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Ryan Davis <> wrote:
    >
    > On Dec 10, 2008, at 04:06 , Ed Howland wrote:
    >
    >> I just tried installing ParseTree from a gem and keep getting the message
    >> ERROR: could not find gem ruby_ParseTree locally or in a repository
    >>
    >> Is the gem missing? Other gems (ruby2ruby, ruby_parser) install fine.

    >
    >> 500 % sudo gem install ParseTree
    >> Successfully installed ParseTree-3.0.2
    >> 1 gem installed
    >> Installing ri documentation for ParseTree-3.0.2...
    >> Installing RDoc documentation for ParseTree-3.0.2...

    >
    > seems fine on my end... the name it is reporting is suspect.
    >
    >
    >




    --
    Ed Howland
    http://greenprogrammer.blogspot.com
    http://twitter.com/ed_howland
    Ed Howland, Dec 11, 2008
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Ryan Davis

    [ANN] ParseTree 1.0.0 Released

    Ryan Davis, Nov 11, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    113
    Ryan Davis
    Nov 11, 2004
  2. Ryan Davis

    [ANN] ParseTree 1.1.0 Released

    Ryan Davis, Nov 13, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    102
    David Ross
    Nov 13, 2004
  3. Ryan Davis

    [ANN] ParseTree 1.3.0 Released

    Ryan Davis, Dec 8, 2004, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    87
    Ryan Davis
    Dec 8, 2004
  4. Ryan Davis

    ANN: ParseTree 1.3.5 Released

    Ryan Davis, Apr 19, 2005, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    77
    Ryan Davis
    Apr 19, 2005
  5. Ryan Davis

    [ANN] ParseTree 1.3.6 Released

    Ryan Davis, May 20, 2005, in forum: Ruby
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    96
    Eric Hodel
    May 20, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page