[ANN] pik 0.1.0 Released

Gordon Thiesfeld

pik version 0.1.0 has been released!

* <http://github.com/vertiginous/pik>
* <Gordon Thiesfeld>

Pik is a tool to switch between multiple versions of ruby on Windows.

Or to put it another way

doskey rvm=pik $* # (sort of)

You have to tell it where your different ruby versions live using
'pik add'. Then you can change to one by using 'pik switch'.

It also has a "sort of" multiruby functionality in 'pik run'.

Changes:

### 0.1.0 / 2009-09-24

* removed jruby support for the time being (lack of win32ole is a problem)
* added more helpful messages to pik add
* renamed gemdup to gemsync. fixed the code up a bit
* added default and implode commands, shortcuts for switch, more
specs, lots of refactors
* removed add_gem_home command. GEM_HOME can be configured with pik config
* change remove 'force' to 'quiet'
* added simpler switch semantics (`pik 191 p243` instead of `pik
switch 191 p243`)
* added gemdup command
* option parsing is now done with optparse and not a regex
* rewrote pik to use classes for each command in the hopes that my
code would be easier to read
* Added post install instructions - issue 5. Switched to Hoe.spec for
Hoe compatibility. added Hoe-git plugin.
* added verbose output and current version specifier to 'list'
* added 'use' as an alias for 'switch'
* cleaner method of remvoving .pik/pik batch file, fixed some long lines

Charles Oliver Nutter

* removed jruby support for the time being (lack of win32ole is a problem)

There is the Jacob library for Java, which bridges Java to COM/OLE.
We've long wanted someone to wire up win32ole to it for JRuby, but
nobody's gotten around to it :(

- Charlie