[ANN] POG -- Password Operations Gem initial release

Travis D Warlick Jr

POG -- Password Operations Gem version 0.2 (Public beta) is now released
on RubyForge.

Site: http://pog.rubyforge.org
RDocs: http://pog.rubyforge.org/doc
Tracker: http://pog.rubyforge.org/tracker
License: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
SVN: svn://rubyforge.org/var/svn/pog

POG is a Ruby gem for simplifying random password generation, password
strength testing, password hashing and salting, and password-hash
authentication.

This is my first public gem, so any and all suggestions and comments
would be greatly appreciated.

==============
Quick Overview
==============

Class Password encapsulates a password and provides functionality for
hashing, hash-based authentication, and random password generation.

Class Salt encapsulates a password's salt and provides functionality for
password salting and random salt generation.

Class PasswordTests provides functionality for testing strength of
passwords.

Module CharacterRanges provides preset ranges for sets of ASCII
characters for random password generation. CharacterRanges is mixed into
the Password class.

==================================
Feature Requests/Bug Submissions
==================================

Please submit feature requests and bug requests

(a) directly to me
(b) to RubyForge Tracker: http://pog.rubyforge.org/tracker
(c) to Ruby-Talk forum/list

- --
Travis Warlick

"Programming in Java is like dealing with your mom --
it's kind, forgiving, and gently chastising.
Programming in C++ is like dealing with a disgruntled
girlfriend -- it's cold, unforgiving, and doesn't tell
you what you've done wrong."