[ANN] posix_mq 0.3.1 - Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Wong, Feb 13, 2010.

  1. Eric Wong

    Eric Wong Guest

    Almost forgot about this one, I have a short attention span
    *and* no ability to comprehend what I read!

    Changes:

    This fixes a misuse of the Ruby API leading to memory leaks in
    cases where message queues are continually opened and closed
    throughout the lifetime of the application.

    Fortunately applications have little reason to repeatedly open
    and close message queue descriptors: they are
    multi-thread/multi-process-safe in every way imaginable and also
    capable of non-blocking operation.

    POSIX message queues allow local processes to exchange data in the form
    of messages. This API is distinct from that provided by System V
    message queues, but provides similar functionality.

    * http://bogomips.org/ruby_posix_mq/
    *
    * git://git.bogomips.org/ruby_posix_mq.git

    --
    Eric Wong

    Eric Wong, Feb 13, 2010