[ANN] punch-0.0.1

ara.t.howard

NAME
punch

SYNOPSIS
punch (in|out|log|clock|status|list|total|delete|dump) [options]+

URIS
http://codeforpeople.com/lib/ruby/punch
http://rubyforge.org/projects/codeforpeople/

INSTALL
gem install punch

DESCRIPTION
punch is a k.i.s.s. tool for tracking the hours spent on various
projects.
it supports logging hours under a project name, adding notes about
work
done during that period, and several very simple reporting tools that
operate over a window of time.

run 'punch help modename' for more info.

PARAMETERS
--help, -h

EXAMPLES
. punch in projectname
. punch log projectname "can has time tracking"
. punch out projectname
. punch total projectname --after 2007-12-03 --before 2007-12-07

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/

Yossef Mendelssohn

[...]

Very nice, Ara.

I was playing with an earlier version that someone linked me to, and
the addition of the log is wonderful, as are other improvements. It
was worth the small effort required to convert my old data (only a few
punches).

ara.t.howard

Very nice, Ara.

I was playing with an earlier version that someone linked me to, and
the addition of the log is wonderful, as are other improvements. It
was worth the small effort required to convert my old data (only a few
punches).

glad to hear it. encoding a schema version into the yaml file so
support migrations is on my TODO list - but right now i'm just trying
to settle on what a minimal commandline time tracker should look
like. any comments from a user's perspective are great.

cheers.

a @ http://codeforpeople.com/

Yossef Mendelssohn

encoding a schema version into the yaml file so
support migrations is on my TODO list

I accept a certain risk when I start using not-actually-released
software, especially when it turns out to be pre-0.0.1 .