ANN: PyDev 0.9.5 released

Fabio Zadrozny

Hi All,

PyDev - Python IDE (Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse) version
0.9.5 has just been released.

Check the homepage (http://pydev.sourceforge.net/) for more details.

Release Highlights:

- File encodings now follow the python convention
- Overview ruler now works
- Editor is synchronized when working in multiple windows with the same file
- Code folding improved
- Syntax highlighting is not confused by escaped quote + triple quote
anymore
- Insertion of parentheses now replaces selected text
- Some more bugs...

Regards,

--
Fabio Zadrozny
Software Developer

ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software
www.esss.com.br

PyDev - Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse
pydev.sf.net
pydev.blogspot.com

Philippe C. Martin

Thanks Fabio,

I take this opportunity to ask what I could be doing wrong with pylint: my
PYTHONPATH is good (I think), my code compiles and passes pylint when I run
it by hand. Yet pylint in pydev does not seem to think the modules I
include and usually derive from exist.

Any clue ?

Regards,

Philippe

Dave Cook

PyDev - Python IDE (Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse) version
0.9.5 has just been released.

Does it work with the newly released Eclipse 3.1?

Dave COok

Edvard Majakari

Dave Cook said:
Does it work with the newly released Eclipse 3.1?

Seems to work for me (but I've only coded one smallish Python program with it)

--
# Edvard Majakari Software Engineer
# PGP PUBLIC KEY available Soli Deo Gloria!

$_ = '456476617264204d616a616b6172692c20612043687269737469616e20'; print
join('',map{chr hex}(split/(\w{2})/)),uc substr(crypt(60281449,'es'),2,4),"\n";

Fabio Zadrozny

Most things do work, but some still seem to have problems with version
3.1 (and thus it is still not officially supported - but should be, not
long from now).

Cheers,

Fabio