ANN: PyDev 0.9.7 released

Fabio Zadrozny

Hi All,

PyDev - Python IDE (Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse) version
0.9.7 has just been released.

Check the homepage (http://pydev.sourceforge.net/) for more details.

Release Highlights:

This build fixes some nasty bugs from 0.9.6... it is highly recommended
you install it. (right now, everything but the debugger should work fine
with 3.1).

Important notes

Note 1: Because of some issues with Eclipse, you have to uninstall all
previous PyDev installations before installing the new release.
Note 2: This release only works with Eclipse 3.1 (and from now on,
Eclipse 3.0.x is no longer supported).
Note 3: Java 5.0 is required from now on.

Regards,

Fabio

--
Fabio Zadrozny
Software Developer

ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software
www.esss.com.br

PyDev - Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse
pydev.sf.net
pydev.blogspot.com

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hi All,

PyDev - Python IDE (Python Development Enviroment for Eclipse) version
0.9.7 has just been released.
How nice... my dial-up system has been on all night downloading
and installing various optional packages, including 0.9.6
Note 1: Because of some issues with Eclipse, you have to uninstall all
previous PyDev installations before installing the new release.

Silly question -- but since I've only downloaded Eclipse et al
this week (and so, obviously, have no real experience with it), just how
/do/ I uninstall PyDev? I didn't see anything jump out of the menu
system -- disabling it, yes; removing it, no.

Fabio Zadrozny

That's s sort of an Eclipse issue... you have to disable it, restart
eclipse and only then will an uninstall appear (it has something to do
with some resources eclipse is not able to remove when the plugin is
active).

Cheers,

Fabio
[...]

Yeesh... Even more complex than that...

Disable, restart, "Show Disabled", Uninstall...

Well, sometime tonight the updates may be finished <G> (What a
choice -- dial-up at home, or manual downloads at work [the company
firewall and proxy are very picky])