[ANN] PyDO-2.0b1 Released

Jacob Smullyan

I'm pleased to announce the release of PyDO-2.0b1, the second beta
release of the 2.0 series.

What's New
----------

* more tests and corresponding bug fixes.

What it is
----------

PyDO is Drew Csillag's ORM (Object-Relational Mapper) database access
library for Python that facilitates writing a Python database access
layer. PyDO attempts to be simple, flexible, extensible, and
unconstraining.

PyDO 2 is a rewrite of the 1.x series distributed with SkunkWeb.
It has several enhancements:

* PyDO can now be used in multi-threaded or twisted-style
asynchronous sitations, with or without a customizable connection
pool.

* PyDO objects are now dict subclasses, but also support attribute
access to fields.

* Projections -- subsets of the field list of a super-class -- are
now supported by the PyDO.project() method.

* Table attributes are now declared in a more concise way.

* PyDO2 supports runtime table introspection.

* Overall, the API has been tightened and the code restructured.

PyDO 2 requires Python 2.4 or later. It currently supports
PostgreSQL, MySQL, Sqlite, MSSQL, and Oracle, and support for other
databases is planned.

PyDO is dual GPL/BSD licensed.

The source tarball is available at SkunkWeb's berlios site:

https://developer.berlios.de/projects/skunkweb/

or, more directly:

http://download.berlios.de/skunkweb/PyDO-2.0b1.tar.gz

Questions pertaining to PyDO can be addressed to the SkunkWeb mailing
list at sourceforge:

Cheers,

js