ANN: pyglet 1.0beta1

Alex Holkner

Greetings

I am pleased to announce the first public beta of pyglet, a
cross-platform windowing and multimedia package useful for developing
games and other visually-rich applications.

http://www.pyglet.org

pyglet is written entirely in Python, with no external requirements
needed to develop applications for Windows XP, Mac OS X or Linux.

pyglet allows applications to open any number of top-level windows and
draw into them using the OpenGL API. Multiple-monitor setups are
well-supported.

Applications using pyglet can also play sound and music samples in
surround-sound, taking advantage of hardware acceleration where
available. With the addition of a single DLL based on FFmpeg,
applications can read compressed sound and video in many formats.

pyglet is provided under the BSD open-source license, allowing you to
use it for both commercial and other open-source projects with very
little restriction.

Cheers,
Alex.