ANN: PyGUI 1.3 released (Greg's Pythonic GUI Framework)

greg

PyGUI (Greg's Pythonic GUI Framework) Version 1.3

Some of you may remember the project I started a few years ago to
define a pythonic GUI API for implementation on multiple platforms.
I didn't make much progress on it for a while, but the project
wasn't dead, just resting. Following a recent burst of activity,
I am now pleased to announce the release of version 1.3.

This release marks a milestone in the development of PyGUI,
because, for the first time, implementations for two platforms
are included:

* MacOS X, via Carbon
* Linux, via Gtk

The Gtk implementation should also be usable on other Unix/X11
systems, or on Windows, if suitable libraries are installed.

Download from here, or read the documentation online:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg/python_gui/

Note: This version is not quite complete yet; support for
images is missing, and a few classes remain to be documented.
I expect to remedy these things soon.

Greg Ewing
(e-mail address removed)

Greg Ewing

If anyone was looking for the sample code (blobedit.py),
I've fixed the broken link in the web docs that was
suppposed to be pointing to it.