ANN: PyInkblot - Creating Rorschach Inkblots using Genetic Algorithms

Discussion in 'Python' started by placid, Nov 15, 2007.

  1. placid

    placid Guest

    Hi All,

    I've been working on a 'toy' application for the past month or so
    called PyInkblot.

    Simply mirroring a random plotting of half of a grid onto the second
    half, you can create pictures that look 'organic' like Rorschach
    Inkblot's.

    PyInkblot uses pygene for the Genetic Algorithm backend and pygame to
    draw the 'organisms' onto the screen. The user selects 0 or more (up
    to 6) of the organisms to go into a new population, more organism's
    will be added until there is 6 in the new population. Then a new
    generation is created using this population.

    To be able to try out PyInkblot you need the following packages

    * pygame1.8.0
    * pygene0.2.1
    * python2.4

    and PyInkblot can be downloaded from

    http://code.google.com/p/pyinkblot/

    Please provide feedback/criticism/tips !

    Cheers

    placid, Nov 15, 2007

  2. placid

    SamFeltus Guest

    Re: ANN: PyInkblot - Creating Rorschach Inkblots using GeneticAlgorithms

    I suspect you could make it visually far more interesting if you
    replaced the colored pixels with colorful images, and mapped the
    images on a grid using Flash.

    SamFeltus, Nov 15, 2007

  3. placid

    placid Guest

    On Nov 16, 1:47 am, SamFeltus <> wrote:
    > I suspect you could make it visually far more interesting if you
    > replaced the colored pixels with colorful images, and mapped the

    I'm already planning of using images instead of coloured blocks. But
    first
    i want to try using a gradient from the left half of the grid to the
    middle, then
    from the middle to the right.

    > images on a grid using Flash.

    I don't know about Flash. :)