[ANN] Pyjamas 0.4: Python Web Toolkit Release

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton

This is the 0.4 Release of Pyjamas, the python-to-javascript
compiler and Web Widget set and framework.

Download Pyjamas 0.4 here:
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=239074
http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/downloads/list

Pyjamas started as a port of Google's Web Toolkit, to python.
Explaining why Pyjamas (and GWT) is so significant takes
some doing: the summary is that comprehensive desktop-like
user interfaces can be developed very simply, to run in
any modern web browser, without having to write a single
line of JavaScript. Further recommended reading is here:
http://advogato.org/article/993.html
http://advogato.org/article/981.html

The homepage is http://pyjs.org
The sister project, Pyjamas-Desktop, is at http://pyjd.org

Documentation on Pyjamas is considerable, and includes:
http://pyjs.org/book/output/Bookreader.html
http://pyjs.org/showcase/Showcase.html
http://pyjd.sf.net/api
http://pyjd.sf.net/controls_tutorial.html
http://lkcl.net/pyjamas-desktop/docs/output/docui.html
Also, as the Pyjamas UI API is near-identical to that of
GWT 1.5, the GWT JavaDoc reference guide is still relevant:
http://google-web-toolkit.googlecode.com/svn/javadoc/1.5/index.html

lkcl

Great concept.

's'wikkid :)
The demos are a bit flakey (especially with IE):

ehn? o dear. well, i try my best with ies4linux (ie6 under wine).
ie7 doesn't quiiiite cut it, and the script debugger just doesn't
quite want to play nice under wine.

so if you do make a report, please _do_ make sure it includes a full
stack trace, not just a line number.
where do you want bug
reports (the sourceforge tracker seems to be empty so I wondered if you
used somewhere else)?

code.google.com -

http://code.google.com/p/pyjamas/issues/list

thanks!