[ANN] pyknon: Simple Python library to generate music in a hackerfriendly way.

Pedro Kroger

Pyknon is a simple music library for Python hackers. With Pyknon you
can generate Midi files quickly and reason about musical proprieties.
It works with Python 2.7 and 3.2.

Pyknon is very simple to use, here's a basic example to create 4 notes
and save into a MIDI file::

from pyknon.genmidi import Midi
from pyknon.music import NoteSeq

notes1 = NoteSeq("D4 F#8 A Bb4")
midi = Midi(1, tempo=90)
midi.seq_notes(notes1, track=0)
midi.write("demo.mid")

It's available on PyPI and its homepage is
http://kroger.github.com/pyknon/

Best regards,

Pedro

sanjaybwaj

Thanks a lot, Sir. Just what I was looking for. This is a fantastic library for python.