ANN: Pyrex 0.9.7

greg

Pyrex 0.9.7 is now available:

http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python/Pyrex/

Highlights of this version:

* I have streamlined the integer for-loop syntax. Instead
of the loop variable redundantly appearing in two places,
it's now just

for x < i < y:

* If you declare a variable as a list or dict, then calls
to some of its methods will be compiled into type-specific
Python API calls instead of generic ones.

* Most built-in constants are referenced directly instead of
via dict lookup.

* There are two new builtin functions, typecheck() and
issubtype(), for checking the types of arguments more safely
(since isinstance and issubclass can be fooled).

What is Pyrex?

Pyrex is a language for writing Python extension modules.
It lets you freely mix operations on Python and C data, with
all Python reference counting and error checking handled
automatically.