ANN: Pyro 3.5 beta (remote objects)

Irmen de Jong

I'm glad to announce the new version of Python's own powerful
remote method invocation technology -- Pyro 3.5 (beta)!

You can get it via http://pyro.sourceforge.net, then go
to the SF project homepage download area.

It has many new features and improvements over Pyro 3.4,
which was released almost a year ago.

Most important new stuff:
- more efficient socket code, up to 20% performance gain
- mobile code bug fixes
- name server bug fixes
- added a few interesting new examples
- manual has been updated
- various other minor fixes and improvements

For the full list, see the change log in the manual:
http://pyro.sourceforge.net/pyro-manual/12-changes.html#latest

Because it is a beta release, there may still be bugs.
Please test this version and let me know of any issues.

Have fun, and thanks for your interest, support, and feedback!

--Irmen de Jong

---> What is Pyro?
Pyro is an acronym for PYthon Remote Objects. Pyro is an advanced and
powerful Distributed Object Technology system written entirely in Python,
that is designed to be very easy to use.

It is extremely easy to implement a distributed system with Pyro, because all
network communication code is abstracted and hidden from your application.
You just get a remote Python object and invoke methods on the object on
the other machine.

Pyro offers you a Name Server, an Event Service, mobile objects, remote
exceptions, dynamic proxies, remote attribute access, automatic
reconnection, a very good and detailed manual, and many examples to get
you started right away.