ANN: Pyro 3.6 beta released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Irmen de Jong, Feb 12, 2007.

  1. It is with great pleasure that I announce that the release of a
    beta version of Pyro 3.6-- the greatest Pyro release yet!

    "What is Pyro?"
    "Pyro is short for PYthon Remote Objects. It is an advanced and powerful
    Distributed Object Technology system written entirely in Python, that is
    designed to be very easy to use. Never worry about writing network
    communication code again."

    Go to Pyro's Sourceforge download page to get it, and please give it
    a good testing. It would be great to hear of any issues or problems
    you encounter, before putting out the final 3.6 release.
    Pyro has been a Sourceforge project for over 6 years now.

    http://pyro.sourceforge.net
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyro

    I have made a HUGE amount of improvements and fixes since the previous
    version, 3.5, which was released about 14 months ago (sorry!).
    If you want to review what has been done, read the 'changes' chapter
    in the manual, and/or visit Pyro's "todo" wiki page:

    http://www.razorvine.net/python/PyroTodoList

    Thanks for your support, and I'm looking forward to release a
    final Pyro-3.6 version soon !

    Sincerely,
    --Irmen de Jong

    PS: Sourceforge's shell access is down at the moment so I can't update
    the Pyro web page itself yet.
    Irmen de Jong, Feb 12, 2007