[ANN] Python 2.5.6 Release Candidate 1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Martin v. Löwis, Apr 17, 2011.

  1. On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
    happy to announce the release candidate 1 of Python 2.5.6.

    This is a source-only release that only includes security fixes. The
    last full bug-fix release of Python 2.5 was Python 2.5.4. Users are
    encouraged to upgrade to the latest release of Python 2.7 (which is
    2.7.1 at this point).

    This releases fixes issues with the urllib, urllib2, SimpleHTTPServer,
    and audiop modules. See the release notes at the website (also
    available as Misc/NEWS in the source distribution) for details of bugs
    fixed.

    For more information on Python 2.5.6, including download links for
    various platforms, release notes, and known issues, please see:

    http://www.python.org/2.5.6

    Highlights of the previous major Python releases are available from
    the Python 2.5 page, at

    http://www.python.org/2.5/highlights.html

    Enjoy this release,
    Martin

    Martin v. Loewis

    Python Release Manager
    (on behalf of the entire python-dev team)
    Martin v. Löwis, Apr 17, 2011

  2. Martin v. Löwis

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Martin v. Löwis" <> writes:
    > On behalf of the Python development team and the Python community, I'm
    > happy to announce the release candidate 1 of Python 2.5.6.
    >
    > This is a source-only release that only includes security fixes.

    Thanks Martin, I'm glad these older releases are still getting important
    fixes.

    I notice http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.6/NEWS.txt says the
    release date was 17 Apr 2010. Presumably that should have said 2011.
    Paul Rubin, Apr 19, 2011

  3. > Thanks Martin, I'm glad these older releases are still getting important
    > fixes.
    >
    > I notice http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.5.6/NEWS.txt says the
    > release date was 17 Apr 2010. Presumably that should have said 2011.

    Thanks for pointing it out. I fixed it in the repository, so it should
    be fine in the final release.

    Regards,
    Martin
    Martin v. Loewis, Apr 19, 2011