ANN: Python benchmark suite

stelios xanthakis

Hi

I'd like to announce the pyvmbench benchmark suite which is designed
to evaluate different python implementations, different versions of
the same implementation and different compilers/compilation flags for
the same version of a python implementation (same). If you want,
you can of course benchmark Jython on Mac vs IronPython on XP!

It is located right here:
http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~sxanth/pyvm/pyvmbench.tar.bz2

I've taken code from the "computer language shootout", posts in
c.l.py and other code from the internet which seems to be ok to
use. Hopefully we should be ok.

Ok, the testcases are not many but they are all real programs
that do real jobs and this makes their results at least, realistic:)

Cheers,

Stelios