ANN: Python benchmark suite

Discussion in 'Python' started by stelios xanthakis, Apr 9, 2005.

  1. Hi

    I'd like to announce the pyvmbench benchmark suite which is designed
    to evaluate different python implementations, different versions of
    the same implementation and different compilers/compilation flags for
    the same version of a python implementation (same). If you want,
    you can of course benchmark Jython on Mac vs IronPython on XP!

    It is located right here:
    http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~sxanth/pyvm/pyvmbench.tar.bz2

    I've taken code from the "computer language shootout", posts in
    c.l.py and other code from the internet which seems to be ok to
    use. Hopefully we should be ok.

    Ok, the testcases are not many but they are all real programs
    that do real jobs and this makes their results at least, realistic:)

    Cheers,

    Stelios

    stelios xanthakis, Apr 9, 2005