ANN: Python language slideshow presentation

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stephen Ferg, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Stephen Ferg

    Stephen Ferg Guest

    An HTML slideshow on the Python language is now available on the
    Python Slideshow Presentations page:
    http://ferg.org/python_presentations/index.html

    These slides are good for talks on features of the Python language for
    programmers (as opposed to a management-oriented presentation).

    In 2000 and 2001, David Beazley gave three presentations on Python,
    based on his book "Python Essential Reference". Later, he generously
    released the slides from these presentations under the GNU Public
    License (GPL).

    I have combined these slides into a single presentation on the Python
    language. Note that the slides are not in PowerPoint, but in HTML. All
    you need to give the presention (other than the files themselves) is a
    Web browser.

    I've made very few changes to David's original material. I have
    removed references to David in his role as presenter, since you (not
    David) will be giving the presentation. I've updated a few things,
    such as changing references from Jpython to Jython and bringing the
    list of Python versions up to 2.3. The main difference is that the
    slides look different. I've made the navigation links easier to use,
    and added color through the use of a CSS stylesheet.

    Information about the slideshow, and a link to download a zip file,
    are on the Python Slideshow Presentations page:
    http://ferg.org/python_presentations/index.html

    You can look at the presentation online at
    http://ferg.org/python_slides/index.html

    -- Steve Ferg

    Stephen Ferg, Jul 4, 2003

  2. Stephen Ferg

    Stephen Ferg Guest

    Thanks for the feedback!

    I've fixed a number of reported errors and infelicities. It is not
    perfect, but it is much better!

    -- Steve

    Stephen Ferg, Jul 5, 2003