ANN: Python training, 2006 Feb 1-3, San Francisco

w chun

What: Python Programming I: Introduction to Python
When: February 1-3, 2006
Where: San Francisco, CA, USA
Web: http://cyberwebconsulting.com

Need to get up-to-speed with Python as quickly as possible? Come join
us in beautiful Northern California for another rigorous Python
training event taught by software engineer, "Core Python Programming"
author, and technical instructor Wesley Chun.

This is an intense introduction to Python programming geared towards
those who have some proficiency in another high-level language. Topics
include:

* Syntax, Data Types, Operators, and Methods
* Python's Objects and Memory Model
* Errors and Exception Handling
* Flow Control (Loops and Conditionals)
* Writing Optimized Python
* Files and Input/Output
* Functions and Functional Programming Aspects
* Modules and Packages
* OOP: Classes, Methods, and Class Instances
* OOP: Class Customization, Inheritance
* Execution Environment
* Operating System Interface
* Advanced Topics and Python Updates

This course will take place near the San Francisco International Airport at the:

Staybridge Suites
San Francisco Airport
1350 Huntington Ave
San Bruno, CA 94066 USA
+1-650-588-0770

VISITORS: free transportation to/from the San Francisco International airport
LOCALS and VISITORS: easy access to public transit (BART [across the
street!], CalTrain, SamTrans) can help you get all over the San
Francisco Bay Area

Discounts are available for multiple registrations as well as
teachers/students. For more information and registration, go to
http://cyberwebconsulting.com and click on the "Python Training" link.
Unlike previous courses, we are limiting enrollment to a maximum of 15
attendees. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at
cyberweb-at-rocketmail.com.

For those who are interested in more "advanced" Python topics,
we'reoffering a follow-on course late Spring 2006 (most likely May).
Also, if there is sufficient interest, we may hold another one of
these "Intro to Python" courses down in Silicon Valley in April;
contact me directly if you're interested in this location.

Note: i will only send out ONE MORE REMINDER in January... yeah, i
don't like spam either. :)

cheers,
-- wesley
http://corepython.com