ANN: PyVISA 1.0 -- GPIB, USB, RS232 instrument control

Torsten Bronger

Hallöchen!

At http://pyvisa.sourceforge.net you can find information about the
PyVISA package. It realises Python bindings for the VISA library
functions, which enables you to control GPIB, USB, and RS232-serial
measurement devices via Python.

Today I released version 1.0. If you have v0.9.7 of last september
already, you needn't download it because it contains only minor
improvements in the documentation. However, since I've received a
couple of positive reports about successful use of PyVISA (and no
negatives), I finally dare to jump to 1.0 and declare it stable.

Tschö,
Torsten.

F'up to comp.lang.python