ANN: pywinauto 0.3.1 released - Performance tune-ups

mark.m.mcmahon

Hi,

The 0.3.1 release of pywinauto is now available.

pywinauto is a set of open-source (LGPL) modules for using Python as a
GUI
automation 'driver' for Windows NT based Operating Systems (NT/W2K/XP).

SourceForge project page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywinauto

Download from SourceForge
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=157379

Here is the list of changes from 0.3.0:

0.3.1 Performance tune-ups
30-Mar-2006

* Change calculation of distance in
findbestmatch.GetNonTextControlName()
so that it does not need to square or get the square root to
find the real distance - as we only need to compare values - not have
the actual distance. (Thanks to Stefaan Himple)

* Compiled regular expression patterns before doing the match to
avoid compiling the regular expression for window that is being
tested (Thanks to Stefaan Himple)

* Made it easier to add your own control tests by adding a file
extra_tests.py which needs to export a ModifyRegisteredTests()
method.
Also cleaned up the code a little.

* Updated notepad_fast.py to make it easier to profile (adde a method)

* Changed WrapHandle to use a cache for classes it has matched - this
is
to avoid having to match against all classes constantly.

* Changed default timeout in SendMessageTimeout to .001 seconds from .4
seconds this results in a significant speedup. Will need to make this
value modifiable via the timing module/routine.

* WaitNot was raising an error if the control was not found - it should
have returned (i.e. success - control is not in any particular state
because it does not exist!).

* Added ListViewWrapper.Deselect() per Chistophe Keller's suggestion.
While I was at it I added a check on the item value passed in and
added
a call to WaitGuiIdle(self) so that the control has a chance to
process
the message.

* Changed doc templates and moved dependencies into pywinauto
subversion to ensure that all files were availabe at www.openqa.org
and
that they are not broken when viewed there.

* Moved all timing information into the timings.Timings class. There
are
some simple methods for changing the timings.

If you want to follow this project then please sign up to the mailing
list:

Thanks
Mark