[ANN] pyxser-1.4.4r --- Python Object to XML serializer/deserializer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Molina Wegener, Jun 20, 2010.

  1. Hello Python Community.

    I'm pleased to announce pyxser-1.4.4r, a python extension which
    contains functions to serialize and deserialize Python Objects
    into XML. It is a model based serializer. Here is the ChangeLog
    entry for this release:

    ---8<---
    1.4.4r (2010.02.10):

    Daniel Molina Wegener <>

    * src/include/pyxser_collections.h - added set handling
    function prototypes. Added support for unicode
    key names, which are converted to the user settings
    encoding (ie utf-8) inside the XML output.
    * src/pyxser_serializer.c - removed memory leak. Addded
    support for unicode object names in dictionary/list types.
    * src/pyxser_collections.c - added set handling function
    prototypes. added name property handling algorithm, so
    non string name properties are not serialized. I shall
    extend it to other modules.
    * src/pyxser_tools.c - added set handling prototypes and
    set type checking function.
    * test-utf8-leak.py - added serialization of SQL Alchemy
    objects, so we can test more complex Python objects
    serialization.
    * test-utf8-sqlalchemy.py - added sql alchemy object
    serialization test.
    * src/pyxser_serializer.c - reduced serialization algorithms,
    replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.
    * src/pyxser_collections.c - reduced serialization algorithms
    replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.
    * src/pyxser_typem.c - reduced serialization algorithms,
    replacing deep nested if statements by flatten ones.

    Thanks to pyxser users for their feedback.
    ---8<---

    This release contains some bug fixes, mainly related to type
    checking and type handling. I hope this small extension will
    help you on your programming tasks.

    The project is hosted at:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxser/

    The web page for the project is located at:
    http://coder.cl/products/pyxser/

    PyPi entry is:
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyxser/1.4.4r

    For a sample article on how to integrate
    pyxser with ZSI WebServices:
    http://coder.cl/2009/10/18/pyxser-and-zsi-webservices/

    Thanks and best regards,
    --
    Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>
    Software Architect, System Programmer & Web Developer
    Daniel Molina Wegener, Jun 20, 2010