[ANN] pyxser-1.5r --- Python Object to XML serializer/deserializer

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Molina Wegener, Aug 24, 2010.

    Hello Python Community.

    I'm pleased to announce pyxser-1.5r, a python extension which
    contains functions to serialize and deserialize Python Objects
    into XML. It is a model based serializer.

    What can do this serializer?

    * Serialization of cross references.
    * Serialization of circular references.
    * Preserves object references on deserialization.
    * Custom serializations.
    * Custom deserializations.
    * Object attribute selection call-back.
    * Serialization depth limit.
    * Standards based serialization.
    * Standards based XML validation using pyxser XML Schema.
    * C14N based serialization, as optional kind of output.
    * Model based XML serialization, represented on XML Schema
    and XML DTD.

    This release contains various bug fixes, mainly related to type
    checking and type handling and also the removal of all memory
    leaks. The distribution contains working tests for ASCII, Latin-1,
    UTF-8 and UTF-16 codecs, and a working test which do up to
    1,500,000.00 serializations and deserializations, using just 65MB
    of RAM.

    Also, on Source Forge I've created two trackers, one for feature
    requests and another for bug reports. This distribution was
    tested on Ubuntu 10.04.1 (32bit and 64bit), Mac OS X 10.5.0,
    CentOS (32bit and 64bit), FreeBSD 8.1 (32bit and 64bit).

    The project is hosted at:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/pyxser/

    The web page for the project is located at:
    http://coder.cl/products/pyxser/

    PyPi entry is:
    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyxser/1.5r

    Best regards,
    - --
    Daniel Molina Wegener <dmw [at] coder [dot] cl>
    System Programmer & Web Developer
    Phone: +56 (2) 979-0277 | Blog: http://coder.cl/

    Daniel Molina Wegener, Aug 24, 2010

  2. Daniel Molina Wegener

    Josh English Guest

    Re: pyxser-1.5r --- Python Object to XML serializer/deserializer

    It looks nice, but it's a shame it doesn't work on Windows. This
    could
    solve a lot of the problems I'm running into in my own attempt to
    build a python Class implementation of an XML Validation object.

    Josh English, Aug 27, 2010

  3. Re: pyxser-1.5r --- Python Object to XML serializer/deserializer

    Josh English, 27.08.2010 01:30:
    > solve a lot of the problems I'm running into in my own attempt to
    > build a python Class implementation of an XML Validation object.

    How would object serialisation help here?

    Stefan

    Stefan Behnel, Aug 27, 2010
  4. Daniel Molina Wegener

    On Aug 26, 10:02 pm, Stefan Behnel <> wrote:
    > Josh English, 27.08.2010 01:30:
    >
    > > solve a lot of the problems I'm running into in my own attempt to
    > > build a python Class implementation of an XML Validation object.

    > How would object serialisation help here?

    I'm running into the same problem in a lot of projects I'm working on.
    I can't decide
    one the best way to serialize instances of classes. I want to be able
    to store these
    instances in a human-readable and editable format that I can reload
    back into their
    objects.

    The XML validation tool requires the rules of the XML to be written
    out in Python
    as classes and instances. I would love to have a consistent way to
    write the definition
    file and load it. For example, Relax NG can be written out, the rules
    loaded into a parser,
    and actual XML data can be validated against it.

    Since I started in Python, I want that bridge back to serialization.

    In this project, and others, subclassing plays a big role in using the
    code, so I need
    a reliable way of writing a definition, loading it into the proper
    subclass, and running
    with those subclasses.

    I am familiar with XML, but I've played with YAML and may try that.
    I'm hesitant to use YAML
    because it requires that I add the YAML.object.

    I even wrote a program to store data similar to GEDCOM format, which
    seemed the simplest from
    a user's perspective.

    Josh

    Josh English, Aug 28, 2010