[ANN] quick_cert 2.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Eric Hodel, Apr 16, 2009.

  1. Eric Hodel

    Eric Hodel Guest

    quick_cert version 2.0 has been released!

    http://seattlerb.rubyforge.org/quick_cert
    http://rubyforge.org/projects/seattlerb

    quick_cert allows you to quickly and easily create SSL certificates.
    It uses
    a simple configuration file to generate self-signed client and server
    certificates.

    quick_cert (formerly QuickCert) was one of the first things I released
    for Ruby, some four years ago. I've heard over the years that
    (shockingly!) people have continued to use it. Here it is for the
    first time as a gem!

    Changes:

    ### 2.0 / 2009-04-16

    * 2 minor enhancements:
    * Released as a gem
    * Reorganized for Hoe

    * 3 discoveries:
    * CVS is odd after not using it for so long
    * My ruby style hasn't changed much in the past five years
    * I still don't know how OpenSSL works

    Eric Hodel, Apr 16, 2009