[ANN] r43 -- First public release

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by pat eyler, Apr 4, 2005.

  1. pat eyler

    pat eyler Guest

    I've just put out a pre-alpha release of r43 (a library that
    implements the 43 Things API in pure ruby). It's incomplete and
    liable to see some changes as it matures.

    I showed it at the last Seattle.rb meeting, and got some positive
    feedback (as well as testing/development help from zenspider and
    evan[w]), so I thought I'd better get a copy out for more people to
    start playing with.

    It's fairly simple to use:

    A script like:

    require 'r43'
    connection = R43.new(1234)
    person = connection.get_person('gormhe')
    person.goals.each do |goal|
    puts "I want to #{goal.name}"
    end

    yields:

    I want to Learn XUL
    I want to Make Opera my default browser

    (Unless gormhe has added more things.)

    You can download a tarball from http://rubyforge.org/projects/r43

    --
    thanks,
    -pate

    pat eyler, Apr 4, 2005

  2. pat eyler

    Guest

    Re: r43 -- First public release

    Works as advertised, keep up the good work! Wouldn't it be slick if
    there was some OSXtts system that would do (or a generalized
    OSX-centric feature lib)

    require "/path/to/OSXtts.rb"
    tts = OSXtts.new("Victoria")
    r43.new("Your43ThingsNick").goals.each { | aToDo | tts.say(aToDo) }

    and have the sexy Victoria come on in the AM to do her thing, reminding
    us of what we really need to be doing while alone coding during the
    long morning hours of lonesomeness :)

    , Apr 4, 2005