[ANN] Raggle 0.3.1

Paul Duncan

--vzUQzca511KWT6Hk

We just released version 0.3.1 of Raggle. Raggle is a console RSS
aggregator, written in Ruby. Features include customizable keybindings,
basic console HTML rendering, HTTP authentication and proxy support,
OPML import/export, themes, support for various versions of RSS, Screen
support. browser auto-detection, and more. This release of Raggle also
includes a preliminary template-based web interface (via WEBrick) and
Win32 support.

Changes Since 0.3.0:
* documentation updates, added Table of Contents and FAQ
* browser_cmd config check (if we're upgrading from a pre-0.3 version
of Raggle, warn about an incompatible version of this directive)
* --import-opml takes a URL now (suggested by Doug Kearns)
* applied action_insert_link_ref patch submitted by Ralf Hortsmann
* fix thread reap error reported by Grant Bowman

(a complete list of changes is available at the URL below)

URLs:
Web Site: http://www.raggle.org/
RSS Feed: http://www.raggle.org/rss/
Download: http://www.raggle.org/files/raggle-0.3.1.tar.gz
Signature: http://www.raggle.org/files/raggle-0.3.1.tar.gz.asc
ChangeLog: http://www.raggle.org/files/ChangeLog-0.3.1

Comments, questions, and feature requests are always welcome, and should
be directed at either me personally, or the Raggle mailing list
([email protected]).

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--vzUQzca511KWT6Hk

--vzUQzca511KWT6Hk--

Jim Freeze

Hi,

We just released version 0.3.1 of Raggle. Raggle is a console RSS

On a side note, what are you using to drive the raggle.org
website?

Thanks
--
Jim Freeze
Ruby. The little language that could.

Paul Duncan

--JKGvNdIvrY8Ovf7Z

* Gavin Sinclair ([email protected]) said:
On Sunday, April 18, 2004, 3:33:52 AM, Paul wrote:
=20
We just released version 0.3.1 of Raggle. [...]
=20
Any chance of making it available as a gem? I just completed a guide
"Creating a Gem in Ten Minutes" specifically to assist folks like you
:)
=20
http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?CreateAGemInTenMinutes

Short answer: Yes, I can do that.

Longer answer: I've been asked to create an install.rb for raa-install=20
as well. Do we have a standard install format or are the three I'm
aware of still battling it out? It looks like they are.

Either way, it's been added to the TODO; I'll see if I can get a gemspec
in there sometime this week.
Cheers,
Gavin

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--JKGvNdIvrY8Ovf7Z

--JKGvNdIvrY8Ovf7Z--

Paul Duncan

--xe2geHXJg22At20M

* Paul William ([email protected]) said:
I saw in the screenshot there were google feeds?!?!?

Yeah, I think it's a screenscrape. Here's the URL:

http://google.blogspace.com/index.xml

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--xe2geHXJg22At20M

--xe2geHXJg22At20M--

Paul Duncan

--pd495SECmvzXpBRb

* Jim Freeze ([email protected]) said:
=20
On a side note, what are you using to drive the raggle.org
website?

Just a custom backend I wrote (PHP/MySQL, with Ruby maintenance
scripts). Nothing fancy. =20
Thanks
--=20
Jim Freeze
Ruby. The little language that could.
Gnagloot, n.:
A person who leaves all his ski passes on his jacket just to
impress people.
-- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--pd495SECmvzXpBRb

--pd495SECmvzXpBRb--

Paul Duncan

--FQ9/qgh0YgB02Feu

* Paul Duncan ([email protected]) said:
=20
Yeah, I think it's a screenscrape. Here's the URL:
=20
http://google.blogspace.com/index.xml

There's also these:

http://googlenews.74d.com/

If you google for "google news RSS" there are several screenscrapes out
there.
=20
--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--FQ9/qgh0YgB02Feu

--FQ9/qgh0YgB02Feu--

Paul Duncan

--QHp3Wr1K3N9pKO2V

* Paul Duncan ([email protected]) said:
=20
There's also these:
=20
http://googlenews.74d.com/
=20
If you google for "google news RSS" there are several screenscrapes out
there.

Sorry to reply to myself again, but it looks like Google is kind of
pissy about people screenscraping their
http://www.internetnews.com/ec-news/article.php/3334651

Just a heads-up to anyone thinking about writing their own.
=20
=20
=20
--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--=20
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--QHp3Wr1K3N9pKO2V

--QHp3Wr1K3N9pKO2V--