[ANN] Raggle 0.4.0

Paul Duncan

--BOHdEyqYAbgZNeC0

It's SHOCKING... It's DARING! It's INCREDIBLE!!

It's... Raggle 0.4.0!

Prologue:
After a more than a year of near-death rescue missions, high-speed car
chases, and hair-splitting battles with evil masterminds, the mysterious
Raggle Task Force (Codename: R4) has emerged once again to release
Raggle 0.4.0, the most powerful Ruby-based console RSS aggregator
humanity has ever seen!

Intelligence Briefing:
Raggle is a console and web-based RSS (Really Simple Summary / Rich
Site Summary / RDF Site Summary) aggregator, written in Ruby. Features
include customizable key bindings, OPML import/export, themes, console
HTML rendering, browser auto-detection, and support for screen,=20
HTTP proxies, HTTP 1.0 Basic authentication, conditional HTTP 1.0 GET,=20
and more.

Here are a few of Raggle 0.4.0's UNBELIEVABLE new features:
* category-based view filtering=20
* feed search (via Syndic8.com)
* feed editing=20
* improved console HTML rendering
* key bindings for mark unread, import/export OPML, opening links
* current key bindings window
* documentation updates (updated README, man page, full internal API
docs, online help)
* much better character encoding conversions (via iconv)
* fixed terminal resizing
* massive code cleanup
* preliminary i18n support (via gettext-ruby)
* fixed a metric ton of bugs
* and more!!!

Screenshots of the category view, feed editing, i18n support and other
AMAZING features are available at the following URL:

http://raggle.org/shots/

Our R4 operative also provided us with the following TOP SECRET URLs:
* Project Page: http://raggle.org/
* Download: http://raggle.org/files/raggle-0.4.0.tar.gz
* Signature: http://raggle.org/files/raggle-0.4.0.tar.gz.asc
* API Reference: http://raggle.org/docs/api/0.4.0/

The operative has also provided us with a full ChangeLog, available
at the following URL:
http://raggle.org/files/ChangeLog-0.4.0

Mission:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to install Raggle 0.4.0
and enjoy the ASTOUNDING new features. =20

Thank you and good luck. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

--
Paul Duncan <[email protected]> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

--BOHdEyqYAbgZNeC0

--BOHdEyqYAbgZNeC0--

CT

It's... Raggle 0.4.0!
Thank you for this. I have a problem though. I've installed
ncurses-ruby(0.9.2), but when I start raggle, the UI has q's and j's
(characters) making up the lines on the border(i.e, not lines,
characters). If I'm making any sense, can you point out what I might
be doing wrong?

I'm on Ubuntu(Hoary), ruby -v is "ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]".

When I start raggle as "raggle -A" (ASCII mode), the lines are
actually better(though drawn as dashes and pluses).

TIA,
Shajith

CT

Thank you for this. I have a problem though.

Sorry for the noise. It seems to be some problem with terminfo on the
normal xterm. Trying it on a unicode enabled xterm works fine.
Thanks!
Shajith