[ANN] Raggle 0.4.0

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Paul Duncan, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. Paul Duncan

    Paul Duncan Guest

    --BOHdEyqYAbgZNeC0

    It's SHOCKING... It's DARING! It's INCREDIBLE!!

    It's... Raggle 0.4.0!

    Prologue:
    After a more than a year of near-death rescue missions, high-speed car
    chases, and hair-splitting battles with evil masterminds, the mysterious
    Raggle Task Force (Codename: R4) has emerged once again to release
    Raggle 0.4.0, the most powerful Ruby-based console RSS aggregator
    humanity has ever seen!

    Intelligence Briefing:
    Raggle is a console and web-based RSS (Really Simple Summary / Rich
    Site Summary / RDF Site Summary) aggregator, written in Ruby. Features
    include customizable key bindings, OPML import/export, themes, console
    HTML rendering, browser auto-detection, and support for screen,=20
    HTTP proxies, HTTP 1.0 Basic authentication, conditional HTTP 1.0 GET,=20
    and more.

    Here are a few of Raggle 0.4.0's UNBELIEVABLE new features:
    * category-based view filtering=20
    * feed search (via Syndic8.com)
    * feed editing=20
    * improved console HTML rendering
    * key bindings for mark unread, import/export OPML, opening links
    * current key bindings window
    * documentation updates (updated README, man page, full internal API
    docs, online help)
    * much better character encoding conversions (via iconv)
    * fixed terminal resizing
    * massive code cleanup
    * preliminary i18n support (via gettext-ruby)
    * fixed a metric ton of bugs
    * and more!!!

    Screenshots of the category view, feed editing, i18n support and other
    AMAZING features are available at the following URL:

    http://raggle.org/shots/

    Our R4 operative also provided us with the following TOP SECRET URLs:
    * Project Page: http://raggle.org/
    * Download: http://raggle.org/files/raggle-0.4.0.tar.gz
    * Signature: http://raggle.org/files/raggle-0.4.0.tar.gz.asc
    * API Reference: http://raggle.org/docs/api/0.4.0/

    The operative has also provided us with a full ChangeLog, available
    at the following URL:
    http://raggle.org/files/ChangeLog-0.4.0

    Mission:
    Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to install Raggle 0.4.0
    and enjoy the ASTOUNDING new features. =20

    Thank you and good luck. This message will self destruct in 10 seconds.

    --
    Paul Duncan <> pabs in #ruby-lang (OPN IRC)
    http://www.pablotron.org/ OpenPGP Key ID: 0x82C29562

    --BOHdEyqYAbgZNeC0

    --BOHdEyqYAbgZNeC0--

    Paul Duncan, Mar 20, 2005

  2. Paul Duncan

    CT Guest

    On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:09:25 +0900, Paul Duncan <> wrote:

    > It's... Raggle 0.4.0!

    Thank you for this. I have a problem though. I've installed
    ncurses-ruby(0.9.2), but when I start raggle, the UI has q's and j's
    (characters) making up the lines on the border(i.e, not lines,
    characters). If I'm making any sense, can you point out what I might
    be doing wrong?

    I'm on Ubuntu(Hoary), ruby -v is "ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i686-linux]".

    When I start raggle as "raggle -A" (ASCII mode), the lines are
    actually better(though drawn as dashes and pluses).

    TIA,
    Shajith

    CT, Mar 20, 2005

  3. Paul Duncan

    CT Guest

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:49:21 +0530, CT <> wrote:
    > On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 09:09:25 +0900, Paul Duncan <> wrote:
    > >
    > > It's... Raggle 0.4.0!
    > >

    > Thank you for this. I have a problem though.

    Sorry for the noise. It seems to be some problem with terminfo on the
    normal xterm. Trying it on a unicode enabled xterm works fine.
    Thanks!
    Shajith

    CT, Mar 20, 2005