[ANN] Rails 1.2: REST admiration, HTTP lovefest, and UTF-8 celebrations

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by DHH, Jan 19, 2007.

  1. DHH

    DHH Guest

    Get out your party balloons and funny hats because we're there, baby.
    Yes, sire, Rails 1.2 is finally available in all it's glory. It took a
    little longer than we initially anticipated to get everything lined up
    (and even then we had a tiny snag that bumped us straight from 1.2.0 to
    1.2.1 before this announcement even had time to be written).

    So hopefully it's been worth the wait. Who am I kidding. Of course it's
    been worth the wait. We got the RESTful flavor with new encouragement
    for resource-oriented architectures. We're taking mime types, HTTP
    status codes, and multiple representations of the same resource
    serious. And of course there's the international pizzazz of
    multibyte-safe UTF-8 wrangling.

    That's just some of the headliner features. On top of that, there's an
    absolutely staggering amount of polish being dished out. The CHANGELOG
    for Action Pack alone contains some two hundred entries. Active Record
    has another 170-something on top of that.

    All possible due to the amazing work of our wonderful and glorious
    community. People from all over the world doing their bit, however big
    or small, to increase the diameter of your smile. That's love, people.

    See
    http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2007/...miration-http-lovefest-and-utf-8-celebrations
    for more.

    DHH, Jan 19, 2007

  2. DHH

    Tom Copeland Guest

    Re: [ANN] Rails 1.2: REST admiration, HTTP lovefest, and UTF-8celebrations

    On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 10:25 +0900, DHH wrote:
    > Get out your party balloons and funny hats because we're there, baby.
    > Yes, sire, Rails 1.2 is finally available in all it's glory. It took a
    > little longer than we initially anticipated to get everything lined up
    > (and even then we had a tiny snag that bumped us straight from 1.2.0 to
    > 1.2.1 before this announcement even had time to be written).
    >
    > So hopefully it's been worth the wait. Who am I kidding. Of course it's
    > been worth the wait. We got the RESTful flavor with new encouragement
    > for resource-oriented architectures. We're taking mime types, HTTP
    > status codes, and multiple representations of the same resource
    > serious. And of course there's the international pizzazz of
    > multibyte-safe UTF-8 wrangling.
    >
    > That's just some of the headliner features. On top of that, there's an
    > absolutely staggering amount of polish being dished out. The CHANGELOG
    > for Action Pack alone contains some two hundred entries. Active Record
    > has another 170-something on top of that.
    >
    > All possible due to the amazing work of our wonderful and glorious
    > community. People from all over the world doing their bit, however big
    > or small, to increase the diameter of your smile. That's love, people.
    >

    > See
    > http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2007/...miration-http-lovefest-and-utf-8-celebrations
    > for more.

    Awesome. Props to you and your crew for this superb framework.

    And thanks to all the folks supplying RubyForge with gem mirrors.
    RubyForge is averaging one gem download a second at the moment, and we'd
    be flattened if not for the folks listed here:

    http://rubyforge.org/credits/

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Tom Copeland, Jan 19, 2007