[ANN] Rant 0.4.2

Stefan Lang

Rant is a flexible build tool written entirely in Ruby,
similar to Rake.

=3D=3D What's new in this release?

This is mainly a bugfix release and thus fully backwards compatible
to 0.4.0.

=46ixes and minor improvements:
* Fixes for Ruby 1.8.1 compatibility.
* Fixes for Rules and multiple buildfiles per project.

New features:
* The +make+ command.

I'd appreciate suggestions about new features, names, etc.

=3D=3D Installing Rant

You can install Rant as a RubyGem:
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 % gem install --remote rant

or download the package from RubyForge(http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_id=
=3D615)
and install with install.rb:
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 % ruby install.rb

=3D=3D More about Rant

The equivalent to a Makefile for make is the Rantfile. An
Rantfile is actually a valid Ruby script that is read by the
rant command.

Rant currently features:
* Defining custom tasks
* Automated packaging, testing and RDoc generation for Ruby
=C2=A0 applications and libraries.
* Primitive support for compiling C# sources portably with csc, cscc
=C2=A0 and mcs.
* Dependency checking for C/C++ source files.
* Creating gzipped tar and zip archives =E2=80=94 without installing
=C2=A0 additional software.
* Multiple buildfiles (e.g. one per directory).
* The rant-import command creates a monolithic rant script,
=C2=A0 so you don't depend on an rant installation anymore.

=2E.. and more, visit http://make.ruby-co.de

Rubyforge page:: http://rubyforge.org/projects/make/

=2D-=20
Stefan

Lionel Thiry

Stefan Lang a écrit :
Rant is a flexible build tool written entirely in Ruby,
similar to Rake.

== What's new in this release?

This is mainly a bugfix release and thus fully backwards compatible
to 0.4.0.

Fixes and minor improvements:
* Fixes for Ruby 1.8.1 compatibility.
* Fixes for Rules and multiple buildfiles per project.

New features:
* The +make+ command.

I'd appreciate suggestions about new features, names, etc.

What about a mailing list?

Stefan Lang

Stefan Lang a =C3=A9crit :

What about a mailing list?

OK, I've set up one, it's called (e-mail address removed)
Anything related to Rant is welcome. Note that it's not activated yet.

=2D-=20
Stefan