[ANN] rdp-arguments -- named arguments for 1.8 and 1.9!

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Roger Pack, Jan 3, 2010.

  1. Roger Pack

    Roger Pack Guest

    Though I can't take much credit for this (the original author is maca
    [1]), in case it's useful, here's a pretty stable release of the
    arguments gem.

    usage

    class A
    def go(a = 3, b = 4)
    [a, b]
    end
    named_args :go
    end

    >> A.new.go(3, 4)

    => [3, 4]
    >> A.new.go:)a => 3, :b => 4)

    => [3, 4]

    Compatible with 1.8.x, and 1.9.x

    Ahh.
    Enjoy and happy new year.

    http://github.com/rdp/arguments
    -r

    [1] http://github.com/maca/arguments

    Roger Pack, Jan 3, 2010

  2. On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Roger Pack <> wrote=
    :
    > Though I can't take much credit for this (the original author is maca
    > [1]), in case it's useful, here's a pretty stable release of the
    > arguments gem.

    The README is wrong about install, github doesn't build gems anymore,
    and the name doesn't match your repo anyway.
    Looks interesting, will check it out.

    > usage
    >
    > class A
    > =C2=A0def go(a =3D 3, b =3D 4)
    > =C2=A0 [a, b]
    > =C2=A0end
    > =C2=A0named_args :go
    > end
    >
    >>> A.new.go(3, 4)

    > =3D> [3, 4]
    >>> A.new.go:)a =3D> 3, :b =3D> 4)

    > =3D> [3, 4]
    >
    > Compatible with 1.8.x, and 1.9.x
    >
    > Ahh.
    > Enjoy and happy new year.
    >
    > http://github.com/rdp/arguments
    > -r
    >
    > [1] http://github.com/maca/arguments

    --=20
    Michael Fellinger
    CTO, The Rubyists, LLC

    Michael Fellinger, Jan 3, 2010

  3. Roger Pack

    Roger Pack Guest

    Re: rdp-arguments -- named arguments for 1.8 and 1.9!

    ichael Fellinger wrote:
    > On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Roger Pack <>
    > wrote:
    >> Though I can't take much credit for this (the original author is maca
    >> [1]), in case it's useful, here's a pretty stable release of the
    >> arguments gem.

    > The README is wrong about install, github doesn't build gems anymore,
    > and the name doesn't match your repo anyway.
    > Looks interesting, will check it out.

    oops my bad.
    That's now

    $ gem install rdp-arguments