[ANN] RDT 0.5.0 Released

Chris Williams

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C4D59E.00DBA440

RDT 0.5.0 has been released and is available for download!

== What is RDT? ==
Ruby Development Tools, a set of Eclipse plugins that make Eclipse
Ruby-aware and combined compose a fully-fledged Ruby IDE within the
Eclipse platform.

For details and downloads, go to:

http://rubyeclipse.sourceforge.net
<http://rubyeclipse.sourceforge.net/>

There's a large number of new features included in this release:
* Test::Unit view / runner
o Allows users to run Test::Unit tests inside Eclipse
o Red/green bar!
o Rerunning of tests, test counts, error/failure counts, elapsed
time
o Stack traces
o Test Hierarchy view
* Regular Expression plugin
o Allows users to test regular expressions against strings
o Color codes regex groups in the tested string
o Allows user to step through group matches
* Code Templates / Completion
o Users can create, edit or delete templates
o A large set of predefined templates included with the release

=== RDT Overview ===

RDT aims to bring the power of the JDT to Ruby. Eclipse is a world-class
IDE and platform, containing the JDT, a set of Java plugins with an
enormous feature set. The Eclipse platform is also built to allow for
other plugins to be created with support for other languages and
creation of non-Java IDEs.

Some of RDT's features:

* Multi-file editing
* Code completion
* Test::Unit integration
* Code templates
* Workspace/multi-project wide searching
* Syntax highlighting
* Auto-indenting/Code formatting
* Integrated debugging
* Outline view

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C4D59E.00DBA440--

Daniel Berger

Chris Williams said:
RDT 0.5.0 has been released and is available for download!

Awesome.

A couple of questions - has the Eclipse update site been updated? I'm
not picking up available updates when I use Eclipse's "check for
software updates" option.

Also, where is the Regexp plugin? I don't see it - just the one under
EPIC.

Regards,

Dan

Chris Williams

RDT 0.5.0 has been released and is available for download!
Awesome.

A couple of questions - has the Eclipse update site been updated? I'm
not picking up available updates when I use Eclipse's "check for
software updates" option.

Also, where is the Regexp plugin? I don't see it - just the one under
EPIC.

The Eclipse update site now has the 0.5.0 release, so it is available
through Eclipse' Update manager and as a zip from sourceforge.

The RegExp plugin will show under the Ruby menus only if you do not
already have EPIC installed. If EPIC (The Eclipse Perl IDE) is
installed, then our RegExp plugin shouldn't overwrite theirs and you'll
only see it in EPIC's menus.

Chris

Zach Dennis

Schweeet!

Ik houd van u kerels
Je t'aime des types
Ich liebe dich Kerle
Σας αγαπώ Ï„Ïποι
Ti amo tipi
Te amo los individuos

No really! RDT is such a blessing...

Zach

Daniel Berger

Chris Williams said:
The RegExp plugin will show under the Ruby menus only if you do not
already have EPIC installed. If EPIC (The Eclipse Perl IDE) is
installed, then our RegExp plugin shouldn't overwrite theirs and you'll
only see it in EPIC's menus.

Chris

Maybe this is a silly question, but in that case, which regexp engine
is it using? I mean, shouldn't they be separate entities since they
use separate regexp engines?

This isn't a big deal to me, really. Just curious.

- Dan