[ANN] RDT 0.5.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Chris Williams, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C4D59E.00DBA440

    RDT 0.5.0 has been released and is available for download!

    == What is RDT? ==
    Ruby Development Tools, a set of Eclipse plugins that make Eclipse
    Ruby-aware and combined compose a fully-fledged Ruby IDE within the
    Eclipse platform.

    For details and downloads, go to:

    http://rubyeclipse.sourceforge.net
    <http://rubyeclipse.sourceforge.net/>

    There's a large number of new features included in this release:
    * Test::Unit view / runner
    o Allows users to run Test::Unit tests inside Eclipse
    o Red/green bar!
    o Rerunning of tests, test counts, error/failure counts, elapsed
    time
    o Stack traces
    o Test Hierarchy view
    * Regular Expression plugin
    o Allows users to test regular expressions against strings
    o Color codes regex groups in the tested string
    o Allows user to step through group matches
    * Code Templates / Completion
    o Users can create, edit or delete templates
    o A large set of predefined templates included with the release

    === RDT Overview ===

    RDT aims to bring the power of the JDT to Ruby. Eclipse is a world-class
    IDE and platform, containing the JDT, a set of Java plugins with an
    enormous feature set. The Eclipse platform is also built to allow for
    other plugins to be created with support for other languages and
    creation of non-Java IDEs.

    Some of RDT's features:

    * Multi-file editing
    * Code completion
    * Test::Unit integration
    * Code templates
    * Workspace/multi-project wide searching
    * Syntax highlighting
    * Auto-indenting/Code formatting
    * Integrated debugging
    * Outline view

    ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C4D59E.00DBA440--
    Chris Williams, Nov 29, 2004

  2. "Chris Williams" <> wrote in message news:<000001c4d5c7$e9b1ac40$edd14342@ChrisLaptop>...
    > RDT 0.5.0 has been released and is available for download!

    Awesome.

    A couple of questions - has the Eclipse update site been updated? I'm
    not picking up available updates when I use Eclipse's "check for
    software updates" option.

    Also, where is the Regexp plugin? I don't see it - just the one under
    EPIC.

    Regards,

    Dan
    Daniel Berger, Nov 29, 2004

  3. > > RDT 0.5.0 has been released and is available for download!

    > Awesome.
    >
    > A couple of questions - has the Eclipse update site been updated? I'm
    > not picking up available updates when I use Eclipse's "check for
    > software updates" option.
    >
    > Also, where is the Regexp plugin? I don't see it - just the one under
    > EPIC.

    The Eclipse update site now has the 0.5.0 release, so it is available
    through Eclipse' Update manager and as a zip from sourceforge.

    The RegExp plugin will show under the Ruby menus only if you do not
    already have EPIC installed. If EPIC (The Eclipse Perl IDE) is
    installed, then our RegExp plugin shouldn't overwrite theirs and you'll
    only see it in EPIC's menus.

    Chris
    Chris Williams, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Chris Williams

    Zach Dennis Guest

    Schweeet!

    Ik houd van u kerels
    Je t'aime des types
    Ich liebe dich Kerle
    Σας αγαπώ Ï„Ïποι
    Ti amo tipi
    Te amo los individuos

    No really! RDT is such a blessing...

    Zach

    Zach Dennis, Nov 29, 2004
  5. "Chris Williams" <> wrote in message news:<000001c4d669$b649b350$edd14342@ChrisLaptop>...
    <snip>

    > The RegExp plugin will show under the Ruby menus only if you do not
    > already have EPIC installed. If EPIC (The Eclipse Perl IDE) is
    > installed, then our RegExp plugin shouldn't overwrite theirs and you'll
    > only see it in EPIC's menus.
    >
    > Chris

    Maybe this is a silly question, but in that case, which regexp engine
    is it using? I mean, shouldn't they be separate entities since they
    use separate regexp engines?

    This isn't a big deal to me, really. Just curious.

    - Dan
    Daniel Berger, Nov 30, 2004