[ANN] Red Letter: The Ruby Journal site takes shape, accepting proposals

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by ruby.journal@mac.com, Jan 9, 2006.

  1. Guest

    After a brief hiatus over the winter holidays, Red Letter: The Ruby
    Journal is again making progress towards issue #1.

    You can visit the journal's initial web site at http://
    redletter.therubyjournal.com. Click on the "Subscribe" link to pre-
    order your subscription. Click on the "Advertise" link to learn about
    opportunities to reach the readers of Red Letter. An interim
    editorial calendar can be found at the "Editorial" link.

    The writer's kit is coming shortly. Many, many people asked for it.
    We were very pleased with the number of responses to our initial post.

    We are currently accepting proposals for feature stories. While the
    writer's kit is assembled, please feel free to send a three-five
    paragraph proposal to .

    Proposals should:

    1/ Identify the target audience;

    2/ Enumerate the article's goals ("teach the reader about
    objects", "master Ruby debugging");

    3/ Describe how you intend to achieve your goals;

    4/ And summarize (if possible) the three-five most important
    lessons the reader will take away.

    We also want to choose six-seven columnists that would write
    regularly for Red Letter. You can see the list of currently proposed
    columns on the front page of the Red Letter web site.

    If you want to be a columnist, send email with your qualifications
    and column idea (or choose one that is already listed) to
    . If you are interested in becoming a
    columnist, please be prepared to write for at least a six-month term.
    (Bonus points for enumerating the six topics you would cover in your
    tenure on a certain column.)

    You can send community events (local programming groups, conferences,
    new software releases) for the community pages to
    .

    Questions are always welcome, as are suggestions, opinions, and
    assistance.

    Sam
    , Jan 9, 2006