[ANN] RedCloth Mini-Cookbook: How Tos, Recipes, F. A.Qs – Usingthe Ruby Plain Text to Web Markup G

Gerald Bauer

Hello,

I've started a RedCloth mini cookbook collecting how-tos, recipes and F.A.Qs.

What's RedCloth? What's Textile?

Textile is a wiki-style markup language that's easy-to-write and
easy-to-read and that lets you author web pages in plain text.
RedCloth is the Ruby gem that lets you use Textile in Ruby.

How-tos in the mini cookbook so far include:

o How to use the redcloth command line tool
o How to turn off/disable hard line breaks
o How to turn off span caps
o How to extend Textile with your own rules
o How to extend Textile with your own tags
o How to find out more (References)

More @ http://rubybook.ca/2008/08/16/redcloth

Cheers.

Emmanuel Oga

Gerald said:
Hello,

I've started a RedCloth mini cookbook collecting how-tos, recipes and
F.A.Qs.

What's RedCloth? What's Textile?

Thanks for sharing. Just a comment: I noticed you have "comments closed"
in your blog, I think it would be useful to turn them on (my two cents
:).

Greets!

P.S.: Nice Wordpress Theme.... I use it my self :D
EmmanuelOga.Wordpress.com