[ANN] RedCloth Mini-Cookbook: How Tos, Recipes, F. A.Qs – Usingthe Ruby Plain Text to Web Markup G

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gerald Bauer, Aug 16, 2008.

  1. Gerald Bauer

    Gerald Bauer Guest

    Hello,

    I've started a RedCloth mini cookbook collecting how-tos, recipes and F.A.Qs.

    What's RedCloth? What's Textile?

    Textile is a wiki-style markup language that's easy-to-write and
    easy-to-read and that lets you author web pages in plain text.
    RedCloth is the Ruby gem that lets you use Textile in Ruby.

    How-tos in the mini cookbook so far include:

    o How to use the redcloth command line tool
    o How to turn off/disable hard line breaks
    o How to turn off span caps
    o How to extend Textile with your own rules
    o How to extend Textile with your own tags
    o How to find out more (References)

    More @ http://rubybook.ca/2008/08/16/redcloth

    Cheers.

    --
    Gerald Bauer - Internet Professional - http://geraldbauer.ca
    Gerald Bauer, Aug 16, 2008

  2. Gerald Bauer

    Emmanuel Oga Guest

    Re: RedCloth Mini-Cookbook: How Tos, Recipes, F. A.Qs – Usin

    Gerald Bauer wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I've started a RedCloth mini cookbook collecting how-tos, recipes and
    > F.A.Qs.
    >
    > What's RedCloth? What's Textile?

    Thanks for sharing. Just a comment: I noticed you have "comments closed"
    in your blog, I think it would be useful to turn them on (my two cents
    :).

    Greets!

    P.S.: Nice Wordpress Theme.... I use it my self :D
    EmmanuelOga.Wordpress.com
    Emmanuel Oga, Aug 16, 2008