[Ann] RefleX : mastering XML with XML

Philippe Poulard

I'm pleased to announce the last release of RefleX, a multi-purpose XML
engine that will allow you to write native XML programs.

http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/
The engine runs with Java 1.4.2 and above

RefleX works like XSLT, but instead of having a single instruction set,
the system can host severals
You could read the basics here :
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial-basics.html#hello

====== Key features ======

-Browse X-operable objects : you will be able to apply XPath expressions
on non-XML objects such as a file system : for example, "//*" will
select all the files under a context directory
Example:
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial-basics.html#xslt

-Run XML pipelines and filters : you will be able to apply XPath
patterns on SAX streams and raw-text
Example:
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial-pipelinesAndFilters.html

-Leverage your schemas : you will be able to express algorithmic rules
and co-occurrence constraints with the Active Schema Language, and
design a semantic data type
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial-schemas.html

-Test with XUnit : if your application is dealing with XML datas, why
not design XUnit test suites for comparing 2 XML documents ?
Example:
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/xunit.html#xunitStepByStep

-Design macro tags : design your own libraries with XPath functions and
custom active tags ; you can supply their implementation either with a
Java class or with other tags (macros)
Example:
http://reflex.gforge.inria.fr/tutorial-fromSqlToMvc.html

Enjoy !

====== RefleX live ======

I will talk next week about all that stuff at Extreme Markup Languages 2007
http://www.extrememarkup.com/2007/abstracts.html#t400r
See you in Montreal !

--
Cordialement,