[ANN] Release of XMLmind XML Editor v5.0.0

Discussion in 'XML' started by Olivier Ishacian, Sep 30, 2011.

  1. XMLmind is happy to announce the version 5.0.0 of XMLmind XML Editor.

    XMLmind XML Editor Personal Edition v5.0.0 can be downloaded from
    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/download.shtml

    Professional Edition users, please upgrade using this form:
    http://www.xmlmind.com/store/download.php

    (The above form is usually accessed through
    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/upgrade.html.)

    XMLmind XML Editor v5 aims to be a good tool for authoring
    highly modular documents: DITA maps, today's DocBook modular
    books and tomorrow's DocBook 5.1 assemblies, Web sites comprising
    a large number of XHTML pages, etc.

    In order to attain this goal, we have added 3 new interactive tools
    to XXE:

    * the "Browse Files" tool,
    * the "Search Files" tool,
    * the "Document Set" tool.

    These new tools are showcased in "XMLmind XML Editor v5 Primer"
    (which includes a 3:30 screencast). Moreover, the "Document Set"
    tool has a lesson of its own in our tutorial.

    XMLmind XML Editor v5 is deemed to be as reliable and more
    featureful than v4.9.x. Moreover, the 3 new interactive tools
    are lightweight and absolutely not intrusive.
    All in all, we recommend all XXE users to upgrade to v5.

    More information:

    * http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/changes.html

    * XMLmind XML Editor v5 Primer:

    Text: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_tutorial/v5_primer/index.html

    Screencast:
    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_tutorial/v5_primer/video/v5_primer.html

    * Tutorial lesson "Working with a document set":

    Text: http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_tutorial/document_set/index.html

    Screencast:
    http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/_tutorial/document_set/video/document_set.html
    Olivier Ishacian, Sep 30, 2011