ANN: Remedy IT announces draft Ruby CORBA Language Mapping

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Johnny Willemsen, Jun 25, 2007.

  1. Hello,

    Remedy IT is pleased to announce the first draft of the Ruby CORBA Language
    Mapping. This language mapping describes the mapping of OMG IDL constructs
    to the Ruby programming language.

    This draft mapping has been written as part of the documentation for
    R2CORBA. R2CORBA is an open source product currently in development by
    Remedy IT which makes it possible to implement CORBA clients *and* servers
    using the Ruby programming language. R2CORBA can be viewed as the reference
    implementation of the Ruby CORBA Language Mapping.

    Remedy IT provides a presentation regarding this draft mapping at the OMG
    Meeting in Brussels Wednesday June 27th 2007. The main objective of this
    presentation is to see how we can come to a formal language mapping. After
    the meeting the presentation will be available from our website.

    If you have feedback on this draft mapping contact us at . If
    you are interested in R2CORBA, contact us at
    .

    You can download the Ruby CORBA Language Mapping from http://www.remedy.nl

    Release packages for the R2CORBA software will be made available on our
    website shortly after the OMG presentation.

    Regards,

    Johnny Willemsen
    Remedy IT
    Postbus 101