[ANN] Reminder: PDX.rb presents FOSCON III: Really Radical Ruby, Tuesday, 7/24, Portland, OR

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Thomas Lockney, Jul 23, 2007.

  1. PDX.rb presents FOSCON III: Really Radical Ruby

    Once again the Portland Ruby Brigade will be hosting an evening of
    wide ranging talks about Ruby. This year the focus is on people doing
    strange things with Ruby. Strange, of course, is anything just a bit
    outside the usual. If you've created a new Ruby-based interface for
    hacking your brand new internet-enabled phone (rPhone anyone?) or
    composed your latest bit of metaprogramming magic, we'd love to hear
    about it.

    Rather than having a fixed list of presenters, we're keeping it
    open-ended and free form. We'll use the lightning talk inspired
    approach and give you each a 10 minute slot to tell us what you can
    cram in. Make it especially interesting and we might even give you an
    extra minute or two. We've already selected the first 8 speakers, but
    there will be at least a couple slots held open until the day of the
    event. The speaker lists currently includes: Greg Borenstein, Lennon
    Day-Reynolds, Giles Bowkett, John Lam, Ola Bini, Ian Dees, Micheal
    Buffington and Luke Kanies.

    This will all be taking place on Tuesday, July 24th, 7:30PM at
    Holocene (http://www.holocene.org/) here in Portland, Oregon. This
    just happens to be the same week as O'Reilly's Open Source Convention
    and the final day of Ubuntu Live. So if you're in town for either of
    those or close enough to come join us anyway, you're more then
    welcome.

    There will be plenty of Ruby fun going on and lots of socializing with
    other people interested in Ruby. Last year, FOSCON II was overflowing.
    We've found a new venue to fit you all in, so why would you miss it?
    Oh, did I mention the free pizza?

    http://www.foscon2007.com
    http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/216872/?ps=6
    Thomas Lockney, Jul 23, 2007