ANN: Resolver One 1.0.1

Giles Thomas

Hi!

We're delighted to announce version 1.0.1 of Resolver One, a Windows
spreadsheet/IDE mashup that can be programmed in IronPython.

As you enter formulae on the grid, it writes the equivalent IronPython
program for you. As you add your own code, the grid is updated.
This allows you to build applications that are much more complex but
better-structured than a traditional spreadsheet, much more quickly
than you could if you were using a regular programming language. You
can then export the code and re-use it elsewhere in your own programs.

It's primarily targetted at heavy users of number-crunching software,
such as financial firms and the biotech industry, but we use it
internally for all kinds of tasks, so we think any Python developer
will be able to do fun stuff with it :)

This is primarily a performance enhancement and bugfix release, but
has a couple of features correcting the more egregious missing
features in version 1.0. We've put up a full change list, but the
highlights are:

* Many memory usage and performance fixes, in particular while
importing Excel-format spreadsheets.
* Updated to IronPython 1.1.1 (fixes socket bugs)
* Added UI to set the background color.
* Fixed defect 367 - Looking up cells by header row/col is slow
* Fixed defect 370 - Cut and Copy part of the text in a cell is
not handled correctly

If you want to download the non-commercial version of the software, or
to buy the commercial version, you can download it from our website
(free registration required):

<http://www.resolversystems.com/get-it/>

Regards,

Giles
Giles Thomas
MD & CTO, Resolver Systems Ltd.
(e-mail address removed)
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

Try out Resolver One! <http://www.resolversystems.com/get-it/>
(Free registration required)

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK