[ANN] ri_cal 0.5.0 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Rick DeNatale, May 26, 2009.

  1. ri_cal version 0.5.0 has been released!

    * <http://ri-cal.rubyforge.org/>
    * <by Rick DeNatale>

    A new Ruby implementation of RFC2445 iCalendar.

    The existing Ruby iCalendar libraries (e.g. icalendar, vpim) provide
    for parsing and generating icalendar files,
    but do not support important things like enumerating occurrences of
    repeating events.

    This is a clean-slate implementation of RFC2445.

    A Google group for discussion of this library has been set up
    http://groups.google.com/group/rical_gem

    Changes:

    ### 0.0.9
    * Fixed http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/4
    Missing comparison methods in PropertyValue::Date
    * Fixed http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/6
    Type of dtstart and dtend (DATE or DATETIME) now preserved on enumeration
    ### 0.0.8
    * Fixed http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941-ri_cal/tickets/1
    EXDATE and RDATE now pick up the timezone from DateTime, Time, and
    TimeWithZone values
    * Fixed http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/2
    Missing arithmetic methods in PropertyValue::Date
    * Fixed http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/3
    Components with no recurrence rules or rdate properties failed
    on enumeration, they now
    will enumerate a single occurrence

    ### 0.0.7
    * Fixed a bug relating to properly recognizing ActiveRecord::TimeWithZone
    * DATETIME propertyvalues will now return an instance of TimeWithZone
    instead of DateTime when
    activesupport is present, and it is appropriate. See the README for details
    ### 0.0.6
    * Added rake tasks to run specs with either the tzinfo gem or
    activesupport (<=2.2)
    * Default rake task now runs both of these
    ### 0.0.5
    * Fixed a bug in occurrence enumeration reported by paulsm on github
    ### 0.0.4
    * Fixed a bug in imported timezones reported by paulsm on github
    ### 0.0.3
    * Added tzid method to Ruby Time and DateTime instances, and to
    ActiveRecord::TimeWithZone if it is defined this method is used to
    determine the desired
    timezone when an instance of one of these classes is given as the
    value of a datetime property. If the tzid is nil then the default
    tzid is used,
    if it is set to :floating then the property will be a floating time.
    * Removed the ability to pass an array with a tzid string and a
    date-time since the above made it unnecessary
    * The ruby datetime property returned from the ruby_value method on
    the DateTime property will return an instance of ::DateTime with:
    ** The proper utc offset
    ** The tzid set to the right tzid
    * Made exdate/rdate building possible
    * Added a default_tzid attribute to the Calendar component, if this
    attribute is not set for a particular calendar it will delegate to the
    default set
    for the DateTime property class.
    * Added fix patches from
    ** http://github.com/kjwierenga/ri_cal
    ** http://github.com/wesmaldonado/ri_cal

    ### 0.0.2
    * Fixed gemspec
    ## 0.0.1

    * <http://ri-cal.rubyforge.org/>
    * <by Rick DeNatale>

    --
    Rick DeNatale

    Rick DeNatale, May 26, 2009

  2. I just updated it to 0.5.1, Just a change in the README to reflect
    publication on RubyForge, same code

    On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Rick DeNatale <> wr=
    ote:

    4

    6
    > =A0 =A0Type of dtstart and dtend (DATE or DATETIME) now preserved on enum=

    eration
    > ### 0.0.8
    > =A0* Fixed http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941-ri_cal/t=

    ickets/1

    2

    3
    > =A0 =A0 =A0 Components with no recurrence rules or rdate properties faile=

    > on enumeration, they now
    > =A0 =A0 =A0 will enumerate a single occurrence
    >
    > ### 0.0.7
    > =A0* Fixed a bug relating to properly recognizing ActiveRecord::TimeWithZ=

    one
    > =A0* DATETIME propertyvalues will now return an instance of TimeWithZone
    > instead of DateTime when
    > =A0 activesupport is present, and it is appropriate. See the README for d=

    etails
    > ### 0.0.6
    > =A0* Added rake tasks to run specs with either the tzinfo gem or
    > activesupport (<=3D2.2)
    > =A0* Default rake task now runs both of these
    > ### 0.0.5
    > =A0* Fixed a bug in occurrence enumeration reported by paulsm on github
    > ### 0.0.4
    > =A0* Fixed a bug in imported timezones reported by paulsm on github
    > ### 0.0.3
    > =A0* Added tzid method to Ruby Time and DateTime instances, and to
    > ActiveRecord::TimeWithZone if it is defined this method is used to
    > determine the desired
    > timezone when an instance of one of these classes is given as the
    > value of a datetime property. =A0If the tzid is nil then the default
    > tzid is used,
    > if it is set to :floating then the property will be a floating time.
    > =A0* Removed the ability to pass an array with a tzid string and a
    > date-time since the above made it unnecessary
    > =A0* The ruby datetime property returned from the ruby_value method on
    > the DateTime property will return an instance of ::DateTime with:
    > =A0 ** The proper utc offset
    > =A0 ** The tzid set to the right tzid
    > =A0* Made exdate/rdate building possible
    > =A0* Added a default_tzid attribute to the Calendar component, if this
    > attribute is not set for a particular calendar it will delegate to the
    > default set
    > for the DateTime property class.
    > =A0* Added fix patches from
    > =A0 ** http://github.com/kjwierenga/ri_cal