[ANN] ri_cal 0.8.2 Released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Rick DeNatale, Sep 11, 2009.

  1. NOTE: This version was released on github some days ago. I'd held
    off releasing it on RubyForge because right now the gitosis server on
    RubyForge is broken. I was waiting for TC to fix it because I didn't
    want the source repo there to be out of sync with the released gem,
    but someone reported a bug which had already been fixed so I decided
    it would be better to refresh the gem on RubyForge.

    For the time being the latest source is on github, but RF is behind.

    That said:

    ri_cal version 0.8.2 has been released!

    * <http://ri-cal.rubyforge.org/>
    * <by Rick DeNatale>

    A new Ruby implementation of RFC2445 iCalendar.

    The existing Ruby iCalendar libraries (e.g. icalendar, vpim) provide
    for parsing and generating icalendar files,
    but do not support important things like enumerating occurrences of
    repeating events.

    This is a clean-slate implementation of RFC2445.

    A Google group for discussion of this library has been set up
    http://groups.google.com/group/rical_gem

    Changes:

    ### 0.8.2 - 4 September 2009
    Fixes http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/23
    initialization_methodsrb-syntax
    Fixes http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/24
    need-to-handle-empty-property-values
    ### 0.8.1 - 18 August 2009
    Fixes http://rick_denatale.lighthouseapp.com/projects/30941/tickets/21
    exception-when-count-option-used-to-enumerate-non-recurring-event
    ### 0.8.0 - 11 August 2009

    Minor Version Bump - There is a small potentially breaking change
    see section on treatment of X-properties below

    --
    Rick DeNatale

    Rick DeNatale, Sep 11, 2009