[ANN] RMagick 1.5.0 available on RubyForge

Tim Hunter

I just uploaded RMagick 1.5.0 to RubyForge. RMagick is a binding for the
ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick image processing libraries. This release of
RMagick fully supports the latest production release of ImageMagick,
ImageMagick 6.0.0.

This release of RMagick also adds a number of new methods to the Image
class, fixes all outstanding bugs, and contains the latest
updates to the documentation.

Charles Comstock

Tim said:
I just uploaded RMagick 1.5.0 to RubyForge. RMagick is a binding for the
ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick image processing libraries. This release of
RMagick fully supports the latest production release of ImageMagick,
ImageMagick 6.0.0.

This release of RMagick also adds a number of new methods to the Image
class, fixes all outstanding bugs, and contains the latest
updates to the documentation.

I seem to be having trouble compiling with RMagick. I don't have root
on the machine so I have to install both ImageMagick, Ruby and RMagick
to $home/usr. However RMagick's configure script can't seem to find any
of the ImageMagick api in $home/usr/include/magick, despite it quite
clearly being there. I have tried both setting the location for
libaries with ./configure --prefix=$home/usr as well as ./configure
--prefix=$home/usr --includedir=$home/usr/include, but in both cases it
can't seem to find magic/api.h. I have compiled it successfully on my
machine before with prior versions of both RMagick and ImageMagick, but
this time seems to be having difficulty. Anyone know how to shed light
on this?

Charles

Tim Hunter

I seem to be having trouble compiling with RMagick. I don't have root on
the machine so I have to install both ImageMagick, Ruby and RMagick to
$home/usr. However RMagick's configure script can't seem to find any of
the ImageMagick api in $home/usr/include/magick, despite it quite clearly
being there. I have tried both setting the location for libaries with
./configure --prefix=$home/usr as well as ./configure --prefix=$home/usr
--includedir=$home/usr/include, but in both cases it can't seem to find
magic/api.h. I have compiled it successfully on my machine before with
prior versions of both RMagick and ImageMagick, but this time seems to be
having difficulty. Anyone know how to shed light on this?

Charles

Charles, can you email the config.log to me at cyclists AT nc DOT rr DOT
com? Thanks.