    This release of RMagick also adds a number of new methods to the Image
    class, fixes all outstanding bugs, and contains the latest
    updates to the documentation.

    Tim Hunter, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Tim Hunter

    Shu-yu Guo Guest

    Great, thanks alot!
    --
    Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three
    steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
    Lo. Lee. Ta. GUO Shu-yu <>

    Shu-yu Guo, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Tim Hunter wrote:

    > I just uploaded RMagick 1.5.0 to RubyForge. RMagick is a binding for the
    > ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick image processing libraries. This release of
    > RMagick fully supports the latest production release of ImageMagick,
    > ImageMagick 6.0.0.
    >
    > This release of RMagick also adds a number of new methods to the Image
    > class, fixes all outstanding bugs, and contains the latest
    > updates to the documentation.

    I seem to be having trouble compiling with RMagick. I don't have root
    on the machine so I have to install both ImageMagick, Ruby and RMagick
    to $home/usr. However RMagick's configure script can't seem to find any
    of the ImageMagick api in $home/usr/include/magick, despite it quite
    clearly being there. I have tried both setting the location for
    libaries with ./configure --prefix=$home/usr as well as ./configure
    --prefix=$home/usr --includedir=$home/usr/include, but in both cases it
    can't seem to find magic/api.h. I have compiled it successfully on my
    machine before with prior versions of both RMagick and ImageMagick, but
    this time seems to be having difficulty. Anyone know how to shed light
    on this?

    Charles

    Charles Comstock, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Tim Hunter

    Tim Hunter Guest

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 20:37:33 -0500, Charles Comstock wrote:

    > Tim Hunter wrote:
    >
    >> I just uploaded RMagick 1.5.0 to RubyForge. RMagick is a binding for the
    >> ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick image processing libraries. This release
    >> of RMagick fully supports the latest production release of ImageMagick,
    >> ImageMagick 6.0.0.
    >>
    >> This release of RMagick also adds a number of new methods to the Image
    >> class, fixes all outstanding bugs, and contains the latest updates to
    >> the documentation.
    >>

    > I seem to be having trouble compiling with RMagick. I don't have root on
    > the machine so I have to install both ImageMagick, Ruby and RMagick to
    > $home/usr. However RMagick's configure script can't seem to find any of
    > the ImageMagick api in $home/usr/include/magick, despite it quite clearly
    > being there. I have tried both setting the location for libaries with
    > ./configure --prefix=$home/usr as well as ./configure --prefix=$home/usr
    > --includedir=$home/usr/include, but in both cases it can't seem to find
    > magic/api.h. I have compiled it successfully on my machine before with
    > prior versions of both RMagick and ImageMagick, but this time seems to be
    > having difficulty. Anyone know how to shed light on this?
    >
    > Charles

    Charles, can you email the config.log to me at cyclists AT nc DOT rr DOT
    com? Thanks.

    Tim Hunter, Apr 22, 2004