[ANN] rpncalc-1.0 RPN Calculator For Python

Ray Buvel

Module that adds an interactive Reverse Polish Notation (RPN)
interpreter to Python. This interpreter allows the use of Python as
an RPN calculator. You can easily switch between the RPN interpreter
and the standard Python interpreter.

Home page: http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/

Kent Johnson

Ray said:
Module that adds an interactive Reverse Polish Notation (RPN)
interpreter to Python. This interpreter allows the use of Python as
an RPN calculator. You can easily switch between the RPN interpreter
and the standard Python interpreter.

Home page: http://calcrpnpy.sourceforge.net/

The .tar.gz file seems to be corrupt, opening it with WinZip it
uncompresses the .gz then I get "Error reading header after processing 0
entries."

Kent

Heikki Orsila

Kent Johnson said:
The .tar.gz file seems to be corrupt, opening it with WinZip it
uncompresses the .gz then I get "Error reading header after processing 0
entries."

Bug in winzip? tar xfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz works just fine. However, there's
an invalid symlink inside the package:

$ tar tvfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
lrwxrwxrwx rlb/rlb 0 2004-11-22 00:11:06 rpncalc-1.0/examples/poly.py -> /data/projects/poly/poly.py

$ md5sum rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
0b8eb872fb0937eca079489e184ddf9f rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz

Is your packet valid? Check the md5sum.

Raymond L. Buvel

Kent said:
The .tar.gz file seems to be corrupt, opening it with WinZip it
uncompresses the .gz then I get "Error reading header after processing 0
entries."

Kent

This is a problem I have encountered with WinZip before. The compressed
tar file was created with Python's tarfile module with the 'w:gz' mode.
The resulting file works fine with a number of archive packages under
Linux and with the tar command in the MKS toolkit under Windows.

If I get around to it, I may make a .zip file available for Windows.
Until then, I suggest you use Python's tarfile module or something other
than WinZip to read it on a Windows platform.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I develop on Linux :)

Raymond L. Buvel

Heikki said:
Bug in winzip? tar xfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz works just fine. However, there's
an invalid symlink inside the package:

$ tar tvfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
lrwxrwxrwx rlb/rlb 0 2004-11-22 00:11:06 rpncalc-1.0/examples/poly.py -> /data/projects/poly/poly.py

$ md5sum rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
0b8eb872fb0937eca079489e184ddf9f rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz

Is your packet valid? Check the md5sum.
The problem with trying to be too clever is that you eventually get bit.
I tested this on my system which obviously has the target of the
symlink. I will correct this problem and upload a new version. This
flaw does not affect the basic operation of the interpreter, you just
can't use the polynomial example.

Kent Johnson

Raymond said:
This is a problem I have encountered with WinZip before. The compressed
tar file was created with Python's tarfile module with the 'w:gz' mode.
The resulting file works fine with a number of archive packages under
Linux and with the tar command in the MKS toolkit under Windows.

If I get around to it, I may make a .zip file available for Windows.
Until then, I suggest you use Python's tarfile module or something other
than WinZip to read it on a Windows platform.

Thanks for the tip. I was able to uncompress it using tarfile.

Kent

Raymond L. Buvel

Heikki said:
Bug in winzip? tar xfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz works just fine. However, there's
an invalid symlink inside the package:

$ tar tvfz rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
lrwxrwxrwx rlb/rlb 0 2004-11-22 00:11:06 rpncalc-1.0/examples/poly.py -> /data/projects/poly/poly.py

$ md5sum rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz
0b8eb872fb0937eca079489e184ddf9f rpncalc-1.0.tar.gz

Is your packet valid? Check the md5sum.

The symlink problem is fixed and I added a .zip version. Hopefully, the
.zip version will work with WinZip but since I don't have a Windows
box available to test it on, there are no guarantees.