[ANN] RSpec 0.9.1 released

aslak hellesoy

The RSpec team is pleased to announce RSpec 0.9.1 (we skipped 0.9.0).

RSpec is a framework that provides programmers with a Domain Specific
Language to describe the behaviour of Ruby code with readable,
executable examples that guide you in the
design process and serve well as both documentation as tests.

This release includes a complete overhaul of the API, which can be
summarised as follows:
* "context" is now "describe" (we call the blocks behaviours)
* "specify" is now "it" (we call the blocks examples)
* "should_something" is now "should something" (magic underscores are gone)

In order to ease the transition from older specs, RSpec also includes
a translator that will translate your old specs.

In addition to these major changes, this release has over 60 applied
RFEs and bug fixes, many of them related to Spec::Rails - the Ruby on
Rails plugin for RSpec.

To install RSpec:

gem install rspec (you may have to wait a few hours for the gems to replicate)

To translate old specs:

spec_translator from_dir to_dir (can be the same dir if you use
source control and know how to revert)

To see the full list of changes:

http://rspec.rubyforge.org/rdoc/files/CHANGES.html

The RSpec home page: